• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Snubber differences

2 minutes ago, dripley said:

It is sintered metal, not stone. Sintering is the process by which it is made. The vent on my EB is made from it. Google sintered metal.

Yes...

Today's vocabulary word for me? 

1 hour ago, Ed ke6bnl said:

any chance of just putting the restrictor in with a ball valve to have further control

Not sure...ball valves that small with couple reducers?  The hydraulic store I use doesn't ball valves that small only needle valves in 1/4 inch size.  Not saying some other place does though.  

So in pic's at beginning of post...these are both snubbers?  

And no problem with sinister material coming loose in a fuel line?  

( I suspect not being Vulcan sells them, just a gut feeling)

Edited by 015point9
Typo

• 3 weeks later...

Those both seem to be "snubbers".  But for our application the orifice is too large.   The one I use has a 0.004" orifice in it.   The sintered metal is a filter to prevent a particle from reaching and blocking the orifice.

A lot of places dump all the snubbers in one section and never mention orifice size.  McMaster-Carr lists them by orifice size.

HTH

Hag

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Haggar said:

The one I use has a 0.004" orifice in it.

Does it work ?  with a fass pump, 1/2" fuel line, Tee about a foot from the vp44 ?

The snubber I got from vulcan didnt do anything. I had a extreme gauge bounce

Hmmm,

I use a tapped banjo bolt at the vp inlet.  I have 18" grease gun hose with snubber, coupling, and pressure transducer.  I have a nice steady gauge. (too low of a pressure....but that is the lp's fault....).   I also bleed that line during assembly.  Trapped air can cause weird fluctuations.... It acts like a spring in the system.

If you have the old snubber around, see what diameter hole is in it.  He may have just gotten a batch with big holes in them.  

Hag

If you have the old snubber around, see what diameter hole is in it.  He may have just gotten a batch with big holes in them.  

The snubber I got from Vulcan is .165 hole...

So these sinster metal ones are not even a snubber, its more of a small filter

It looks like the large whole sinster metal one in the picture above

I have a needle valve snubber now. Every thing is workig good now

Edited by GSP7