• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

checking for boost leak

OK guys when checking for boost leak do i plug off air horn when i pump it up to 20lbs it don't hold very long i bought tester looked at tube  didn't find no good info but installed boost gauge it makes 20 when mashing skinny pedal down 4lb at 50 and holds it 6-8 at 70 holds it could i still have leak its a automatic thanks

On 3/20/2018 at 8:18 AM, jlbayes said:

Back the adjusters off to close the valves that are open to close off the path. :thumbup2:

Too much work man, I just did mine by pressurizing the turbo to about 25ish psi. 

On 3/20/2018 at 7:24 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Typically the intake valves are 0.010" and exhaust are 0.020" on a cold engine.

Is it really bad if it's at .008 .018 on cold engine(was about 90f ambient), I believe that's where I set mine after doing my HG.

1 minute ago, trreed said:

@Dieselfuture, there is a tolerance range that Cummins specifies.  .006-.015 on the intake, and i forget the range on the exhaust rockers.  But .008 & .018 are within spec.  That's what I run too.

Now that you mentioned it I remember when I actually brought that up a while back, but my memory is crap too much fluoride.