• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Can anyone recommend rear lift springs..

2 minutes ago, Silverdodge said:

That's a lift block under the factory 2500 overload on top of the stock block that is not proper at all order. 1 piece lift block and new u bolts or leave it parked 

That's what I meant in original post, I don't think I worded it correctly. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dripley said:

Mine sits on 2 equal blocks under the bottom spring on each side. I never considered that one to be an overload. I always considered the upper spring the overload spring.

Atleast  The bottom thick Spring would be an overload in my opinion as would the top 2 Springs on the block

• Thanks 1

• Staff

It looks to me like there is a 2" lift block on top of the OEM block. That makes me think you have a 4" lift up front and a 2" lift out back. The lower, bigger, block appears OEM. I agree it's a good idea to ditch the stacked blocks. You should be able to keep the OEM block, but it depends on how much axle wrap you get, and even removing the OEM block might not solve it all and you'd have to go with traction bars. 

IIRC the 2wd trucks use a thinner OEM spacer. You could go with that spacer and a custom leaf that give 4" of lift. That should get you good axle control and not too harsh of a ride from arched springs. The OEM uses a spacer to keep the leaves flatter, which improves the ride. 

How do you plan to use the truck? Towing? Hauling? Racing? Street fun?

If you want custom springs you can see if you have a local spring shop. 

I have custom ordered leaf springs from Alcan in the past. They worked great, and did exactly what I asked for in the build. 

10 hours ago, dripley said:

Mine sits on 2 equal blocks under the bottom spring on each side. I never considered that one to be an overload. I always considered the upper spring the overload spring.

For your picture it doesn't look like there are 2 blocks under the spring, just 1 tall block. There is a crease in the middle of the block from the casting mold, is that what makes it look like 2 to you?

The very bottom main leaf is an overload lead, as are the 2 supplemental leaves above the main pack. 

Supplemental Overload

Small Spacer

Small Spacer

Main Leaf

Main Leaf

Main Leaf

Main overload

5" Spacer

Edited by AH64ID
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AH64ID said:

For your picture it doesn't look like there are 2 blocks under the spring, just 1 tall block. There is a crease in the middle of the block from the casting mold, is that what makes it look like 2 to you?

I went back out and looked at the blocks and it looks like 2 blocks separated by a spacer. Would require some cleaning to know for sure. To cold and damp for that today.  They do look different than the than @RipnRam99 lower block. Mine have an indentation that runs vertical. You can see what I think is a spacer between them in the first picture but not second.

Looks like you good advice Rip. I'll guit talking about blocks.

Hey Guys... Thanks for all of the responses... I didnt see them all on my phone for some reason.

The snow has melted off here, and I'm gonna take some pics of both trucks rear spring setups when I go.

I will also take some pics of the front on my White truck. I am very sure this isnt a "leveling kit". It may be a 4" lift, instead of 6" though.

Thanks for all the help guys!

First 2 pics : Front suspension, white truck... This is what makes me think 6" lift.

3rd pic : White truck rear.

4th & 5th pics: Silver truck, stock rear suspension... There are definitely different heavier springs on this truck.

Wish I had looked closer to the little differences between these two trucks, before I bought the white one... I did get a pretty killer deal on it though....

I REALLY MISS MY OLD TRUCK!!! 

Note: I am having issues loading photos from my phone right now... I think every kid in town is online.

IMG_20180325_143333027.jpg

That only took 10 min to upload... Mountain life...

IMG_20180325_143350768.jpg

IMG_20180325_143423657.jpg

I figured out how to transfer pics from phone to PC via Bluetooth... Lets see how this goes.  :piwwp:

45 minutes later..... I am having I am having dial-up flashbacks from 1998 :linux:....  That was like watching paint dry....

:wtf::withstupid::cel::gages:

IMG_20180325_143459019.jpg

IMG_20180325_143532552.jpg

• Staff

Long arm suspension... probably at least a 5" lift. 

The springs are not factory, so it appears to have lift springs and lift blocks already. Can you find any tags on whose springs or lift it is?

Can you measure the distance from spring seat to spring seat? Maybe someone can measure their stock truck and give you an idea of exactly how much lift it has. 

My son and I came to the conclusion, last night, that we don't like this truck.. He hates the lift, and the big chrome 20" wheels.... He loved the silver truck.... He was mad as FUUUCK at me when I smooshed it on our tree.... He hasn't liked this new truck, since day 1... It's a good truck, it's just not our truck...

I have already purchased a pile of parts for this truck... We are going to install them... Tail lights, fender flares, all aluminum 4 core radiator, sweet blue silicone hoses... Fix the bi-amped stereo (bad RCA line from head to amps)....

And then....

This truck gets to be someone else's dream... See ya!!! 

I think... I need... A 3500 dually....

Yes I do!

Edited by RipnRam99

So.... That was productive...

You...

Are...

An...

I don't like the rims either....

You should see it on stock wheels... Looks even goofier...

13 minutes ago, GSP7 said:

Yeah,,,, those rims and lift look stupid ,.....,,,:doh:...........:cheerleader:

35993.jpeg

What part of...

I bought it lifted like that... And, I am trying to make the best of it...

Don't you get? 

That's why I'm Fuggin here!!!

5 minutes ago, RipnRam99 said:

So.... That was productive...

You...

Are...

An...

My son and I came to the conclusion, last night, that we don't like this truck.. He hates the lift, and the big chrome 20" wheels..

Just agreeing with you slick... Maybe you are the  *******

17 hours ago, GSP7 said:

Just agreeing with you slick... Maybe you are the  *******

Looks like I found the troll... Do you feel validated now?

Because I wasn't aware that the name of this thread was "Please tell me how you feel about my truck"