• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Timing Reduct Scaling

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

@Me78569

I'm going to check and see if I understand this option correctly. Basically, Timing Reduct Scaling basically affects the Max Load Timing Offset vs APPS Sensor. So if I set the Max Load Timing Offset to 3* and then the Timing Reduct Scaling to 50%. so by the time I hit 50% on the APPS sensor, the timing should be maxed out on the performance side. 

Timing scaling sets the max timing pull possible.    %100 being you get %100 of the timing reduction called for.  %50 means you get %50 of that 3* HOWEVER it ramps up as if it was going to 3* So you will hit 1.5* max timing pull at %50 throttle input rather than 1.5* at %100 tps input if you were to do %100 scaling with 1.5* reduction.   

so in the example below. 5* at %50 scaling vs 2.5* at %100 scaling.  Both can pull a max of 2.5*, but the 5* with %50 scaling pulls timing faster related to TPS input.  It will pull timing 2x as fast but the peak pull is still 2.5*.  

the scaling is nothing more than a limiter.  The perk of using a limiter is it will pull timing more aggressive, as if it was going to pull 5*.

Capture.JPG

• Owner

Ok you've lost me again. I'm trying to figure out what setting are being used against this Timing Reduct setting. I know the Max Load Timing Offset is only a 0 to 3* limit. So where are you getting 5* at? Are you talking about Low PSI Timing Reduct that is a 0 to 5* span. 

I'm trying to get the setting that this works against and understand how it works correctly. First lets list out the variables this actually works with. Then let work with how the math is figured out. 

• Owner
12 minutes ago, kzimmer said:

This is where the app really needs an info button beside each parameter with a description. I mean sure, a guy can have the manual with him, but a built in app description would be the icing on the cake.

Absolutely! That would be awesome if Quadzilla would add that. 

29 minutes ago, kzimmer said:

This is where the app really needs an info button beside each parameter with a description. I mean sure, a guy can have the manual with him, but a built in app description would be the icing on the cake.

thats a huge change to the way to data / app work together.    Keep in mind in order to make this work across multiple platforms the Entire .json structure has to changed to hold a memo field that references a url per variable.  

That is a HUGE undertaking.  

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 3:50 PM, Me78569 said:

Low PSI Timing Reduct is what the Timing Reduct Scaling variable uses.  

So low psi timing reduct is 0-5* of overall timing pull possible when you go WOT.  

So when you say "low psi timing reduct",  what is defined as "low psi" in numbers,

Example: psi less than 3 psi or less than 10 psi  or ? 

Thanks for any clarification.

Edited by bcbigfoot

the map is based on Boost and tps input.  0-10 psi and 0-100 tps.  

WOT and 0 psi gives you %100 of the pull defined by the variables.   If boost is above ~5 psi then you have to be pretty heavy in the throttle for the pull to have much effect.  At 0 psi you will get a significant amount of pull above ~%30 throttle.

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 2