• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Everyone post a picture of your truck!

8 minutes ago, ofelas said:

You missed the point.

Men don't bend men over, and then brag about taking advantage of a fellow enthusiast.

He was far from a fellow enthusiast.... I didn't take advantage of him at all, he was tired of having it sit in his driveway and had been trying to sell it for awhile, asking way too much for it when it drove, so I came in and offered him out. He didn't take care of the truck at all, I saved this truck. The tires on the back are absolutely bald from burnouts, I seriously doubt they'd get me to school and back without blowing up, thats the kind of person he was with the truck. The kid literally did a reverse burnout after it stopped going forward. I didn't take advantage of anyone?

Its sounds more like he has money to burn and got his fill of the truck.  It started having problems (from who knows why) and he didnt feel like dumping any more money.  So...when opportunities knock you jump on it.  I see nothing wrong with that...

Now if the guy was mental or needed money for some sort of emergency then thats different.

Edited by KATOOM
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, rotohead said:

I'm not a big fan of 'enthusiasts' that just want to roll coal. I think that is stupid behavior and give us diesel lovers a bad image. If he got bent over I could care less.

Exactly, thank you! He didn't deserve this truck at all. The previous owner put so much time and money and love into this truck, and you can see it, and this 16yo kid whose parents have waaaaayy too much money disrespected it and now I have it and am actually going to give it the love it deserves.

Just now, KATOOM said:

Its sounds more like he has money to burn and got his fill of the truck.  It started having problems (from who knows why) and he didnt feel like dumping any more money.  So...when opportunities knock you take advantage of them.  I see nothing wrong with that...

Now if the guy was mental or needed money for some sort of emergency then thats different.

His parents have waaay too much money, Jag in the garage and drive a decked out Powerstroke, he also bought a 05 Duramax that the tranny blew up on his way home with it and had to dump $11k into a $13k truck. Just perfect timing I guess.

17 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

We all have our issues, you offered he said ok. So fair deal in my book, not that you forced him at gun point. Some people have more money than brain or something like that. Good find and hope you can fix it up and enjoy it. 

It was literally just a whim to buy it, I didn't need it, and to be honest, I'm extremely nervous to dive into an auto tranny. But something that day told me to buy it, and I did, and after looking at it more, its literally my dream truck! (besides it obviously not being a 6spd) It turned from me being extremely nervous about the purchase, to me being less nervous about it due to the little things that are exactly done how I'd want it and exactly how I'd do it. :thumbup2: I'll get you guys a COMPLETE build list soon cause that was just scratching the surface of whats actually been done!

• Like 2

For those wanting some more interior pictures, these are all I've gotten. The driver seat was rebuilt and recovered with the black leather and the back support if it was reclaimed. Center console was recovered and rebuilt as well about as much as one can be. Back seat is perfect, I think it was just reclaimed since I haven't ever seen a torn up back seat. Passenger seat is a little cracked but other than that it has been reclaimed as well. I'm missing a rear driverside door panel so if anyone knows where one is with wood grain let me know!

MVIMG_20190115_161509.jpg

IMG_20190115_161527.jpg

IMG_20190115_161504.jpg