• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Everyone post a picture of your truck!

24 minutes ago, TheGreatWhite said:

May I ask if it's top heavy or anything? Being lifted and having a short wheel base?

Not at all...drives very flat and stable.  The 12" wide wheels are deep and kick out the tires better than 2.5 inches on each side.  Also I'm running 1.5" wheel spacers to kick the tires out even more.  So at the same time it got lifted 12 inches the distance between the outsides of the tires increased about 8-9 inches. 

Edited by Bullet

1 minute ago, Bullet said:

Not at all...drives very flat and stable.  The 12" wide wheels are deep and kick out the tires better than 2.5 inches on each side.  Also I'm running 1.5" wheel spacers to kick the tires out even more.  So at the same time it got lifted 12 inches the distance between the outsides of the tires increased about 8-9 inches. 

Sounds like a good ratio to keep from tipping over! My girlfriends cousin just put a 6in. lift on his 90s Ford and keeping his 16in rims and 31s..... Kinda curious how that'll go.....

3 minutes ago, TheGreatWhite said:

Sounds like a good ratio to keep from tipping over! My girlfriends cousin just put a 6in. lift on his 90s Ford and keeping his 16in rims and 31s..... Kinda curious how that'll go.....

Sounds like you already know how it's gonna go...and I think I agree with you.  Yeah the height to width ratio makes a big difference! 

3 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Thanks! Actually we have had N extreme mild winter. 8 degrees this morning is the coldest I’ve seen yet. Usually see negative 20-30 degrees by now. 

Holy cow...lowest I've seen here so far this winter is 33 and even that was pretty uncomfortable.  I can't imagine single digits, much less negatives.  You got thicker skin than me...or some serious parka...or both! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still -26 here in Wisconsin somehow winter arrived here in Wisconsin with fury around mid January wind chills are close to 50F below I'd post a new picture of my truck but haven't put my replacement bumper on...  some dumb broad ran into me with daddy's Escalade in a parking lot.  I was walking out of the store watched it happen and then due to distance watched her drive away leaving parts of the Escalade in the parking lot at least I got the plates...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Here’s my 01.  Had it 6 years.  I grew up with these and the 12 valves on a farm back in Michigan.  When it came time for a truck, I knew which ones could take abuse and keep on delivering.  That said it’s been a long road getting this one back into spec.  Couldn’t have done it without this forum. I’m very grateful. 

58E26434-351B-45D3-AA9C-4F944D96C3AE.jpeg

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Nice looking truck, wish they would hold up that way, I may do that someday to my truck if it becomes a toy. Looks like lots of tlc there.

Thank you. The suspension alone was 96 hours of shop time with me and my daughter's BF. We did the whole thing in 4 weekends minus countless hours dialing it in after all was fabbed and assembled. Everything was just a collection of suspension fabrication parts, DOM tubing, off road coil over shocks and the like, pieced together by me. No instructions, nothing cut or pre-welded. The truck was only down for a total of 8 days and remained a daily driver during the week, between each weekends work. It's amazing what we got done each weekend but we also did it in a Commercial Machine & Fab shop, so we had lathes, mills, racks of steel material etc. It was actually double the 96 hours because there was two of us, we don't take breaks much and we were each doing something different at least half of the time. Countless other things have been upgraded as well. Next month is AMP steps, rebuild/re-gear both diffs with 4:10's, new friction material in the back and a 35 spline Detroit TrueTrac up front with Yukon CAD delete axles (both sides). It's my wife's truck and we've pretty much just driven it for the last 13 years. She says she'll never part with it so now I'm renewing/upgrading just about everything for way less than a new truck and it's actually really fun to drive. We have my 4th Gen for towing/hauling.  

Edited by Eric H.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Staff

I just got this 01 Sport SLT 2500 HO 6 speed with an Industrial Injection VP pump, Airdog 165 lift pump filtration system, 4" exhaust system, S&B air filter system, AFE intake horn, and Edge Juice with Attitude tuner. 

The first few pictures of it are when I bought it 12 days ago. The last couple pictures of of how it is now with my Reunel winch bumper, 12k# winch, and LED cab lights. Next will be a black non sport grille.

0067e5167a064597afeef9fe565b781a.jpg

adf9665178ac4bba95925e138eda6045.jpg

55fcb5b912bf48e891efc429edb75c20.jpg

a174c2077c39485ebcf956fa43483552.jpg

20201216_161650.jpg

20201217_072816.jpg

Edited by 99_Cummins_4x4
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

I like flatbeds but I also like my topper, this way I can have things stored in there in trips. My box is slowly rotting away, I'm thinking of flatbed that I can put some sort of topper on. :think:

There are advantages to both for sure. My daily driver has a topper and it’s nice for keeping things locked up and dry. I have to haul all the potable water to my house so the flatbed is much more convenient for putting the tank on the truck and getting it off. One nice thing about the flatbed is the inability to put random nonsense on it and carry it around for months at a time. 

• Like 2