• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Everyone post a picture of your truck!

No beads yet. Theres weights on the inside i left them as they were.

I broke the 5th one down removed the runflat was unsuccessful in re seating the bead.

Im currently looking for a chunk of 16" pipe so I can make inserts to replace the run flats and still be true double bead locks.

Losing the run flats drops the weight about 32 lbs.

12 hours ago, Evan said:

No beads yet. Theres weights on the inside i left them as they were.

I broke the 5th one down removed the runflat was unsuccessful in re seating the bead.

Im currently looking for a chunk of 16" pipe so I can make inserts to replace the run flats and still be true double bead locks.

Losing the run flats drops the weight about 32 lbs.

I ran those tires for years on some 16.5 American Mags and always mounted them myself. I found the best method to seat the beads was this;

With the tire loose on the wheel, put the wheel on a bucket or small steel drum to get the tire off the ground and hanging from the wheel. You need a clamp/screw on tire chuck so you can operate the air with one hand and a 16" bicycle tire tube with just enough air in it to make it round and about 2"-3" in diameter depending on the gap between the tire bead and rim. Lube the inner tube well with silicone spray and put it over the wheel and fill the gap between the bead and the wheel with the inner tube. It is a bit difficult to get the tube stem pointed away from the wheel but you will use the stem to pull the tube out when it's pinching between the tire bead and wheel. With the gap filled, slowly air the tire and watch the side wall come up along with the inner tube. As the inner tube gets pinched, you need to keep giving the air at full blast as you pull the tube out. You may need pliers to pull the valve stem hard enough to get it out. It may take a few tries because sometimes as you pull the tube out, you loose enough air for the sidewall to collapse again. I've used the same tube multiple times but occasionally it gets pinched enough that the tube rips a bit but I've always gotten it out eventually due to the silicone spray. Works more consistently than a Cheetah Blaster because the sidewalls can be really stiff and the tires have usually been sitting in the backing sun on their sides with a bunch of tires stacked on top of them. I don't know if this will work with the split rims but it might. 

Edited by Eric H.
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...