• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Hello everyone im new to the forum here. Anyways i recently just bought my first 2001 dodge ram cummins. Im absolutely in love with the truck. Just wanted to see want upgrades i should do such as maintenance wise. I want to keep the truck as reliable as possible. And stock such as "internal wise"

Posted (edited)

Try to get a grip on what you have. The above advice is good, but what is on your truck now for us to know where to help you take into the future. Do you now anything about the trucks history?

Edited by dripley

Posted (edited)

There is nothing you can do internally that will increase reliability. 

Edited by jlbayes

1 hour ago, jlbayes said:

There is nothing you can do internally that will increase reliability. 

Are you telling me that putting 30 some magnets all over inside the engine was a waist of time :mad:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

Are you telling me that putting 30 some magnets all over inside the engine was a waist of time :mad:

Those were supposed to go on the fuel lines.....

2 minutes ago, jlbayes said:

:doh: I'm not good at following directions

Oh I had the perfect meme for that response. But my phone deleted it yesterday..... :doh:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Put some Oil internally will increase reliability

put some 2 stroke oil in your fuel

Edited by GSP7

6 hours ago, jlbayes said:
7 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Anybody knows that magnets won't work on plastic lines - Dieselfuture, you were right!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tractorman said:

Anybody knows that magnets won't work on plastic lines - Dieselfuture, you were right!

Ha ha, I think @jlbayes was talking about magnets for gasoline engine, there were a lot of people few years back saying that if you put magnets on fuel line will increase fuel economy. I went a step further and made a hydrogen cell that actually gained me about 3mpg on my sentra I had. 

Edit, who knows if I would have combined that with magnets I might've been making fuel :lmao:

Edited by Dieselfuture

21 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

:doh: I'm not good at following directions

IMG_29471.jpg

• Haha 2