• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Spraying rockers and lower doors

Has anyone here ever put a rhino lining type product on their truck? I’m considering selling my rig and it’s got a lot of rock chips in the lower portion of the doors that I’d like to cover up without painting the truck. Iv seen a few pics of guys that have done it. I would line up to the first crease in the body just below the trim piece. 

Here’s a few brands Iv heard of. Rhino Line, Line X, Herculiner, Duraliner, Gardit, Reflex, Etc.

I was quoted $750 to do black on my rockers, and $1000 to do color match red for Line X, however it is guaranteed. Quite the expense just prior to selling. I have applied Raptor to the inside of my new tailgate, it went on very well, and was easily applied, if you are looking to do it yourself.

Another option would be the Dr. Colorchip. I have had decent success with this, however it depends on how large of rock chips we are talking.

https://www.drcolorchip.com/

Edited by Red Rambler

31 minutes ago, Red Rambler said:

I was quoted $750 to do black on my rockers, and $1000 to do color match red for Line X, however it is guaranteed. Quite the expense just prior to selling. I have applied Raptor to the inside of my new tailgate, it went on very well, and was easily applied, if you are looking to do it yourself.

Another option would be the Dr. Colorchip. I have had decent success with this, however it depends on how large of rock chips we are talking.

Man that's pricey! You can get the bed done for cheaper!

18 minutes ago, notlimah said:

Man that's pricey! You can get the bed done for cheaper!

yeah, that was the price for my rocker area, cab and bed. The inside of my bed is already lined, but I got a new tailgate that wasnt lined, it cost me $50 for Raptor roll on liner. It turned out well.

5ac67fa9368a3_Trucktailgate.png.4eec9c54a383d93efa8ab4e213b9bc0a.png

1 hour ago, Red Rambler said:

Hanks for the link! I called a local shop here and they want 1200 to do just he rockers with black line x! Dang that is spendy! Whatever I do it’s going to be diy to save money

That dr color chip looks like a massive pita to do as many chips as I have

12 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Hanks for the link! I called a local shop here and they want 1200 to do just he rockers with black line x! Dang that is spendy! Whatever I do it’s going to be diy to save money

That dr color chip looks like a massive pita to do as many chips as I have

I would imagine if you are speaking about the rock chips that are from your tires kicking up small rocks, the bed liner option might be your best bet, as covering up 50+ little rock chips wont be fun unless you can just spray over it.

2 hours ago, Red Rambler said:

I would imagine if you are speaking about the rock chips that are from your tires kicking up small rocks, the bed liner option might be your best bet, as covering up 50+ little rock chips wont be fun unless you can just spray over it.

Hey I noticed your truck has chrome rocker covers? Are those stock or aftermarket?? Anyone know where you can get those??

40 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Hey I noticed your truck has chrome rocker covers? Are those stock or aftermarket?? Anyone know where you can get those??

Those were on there when I bought my truck. I have recently removed them due to I didn’t want it to become a rust issue down the road. Very durable and installed with 3M double sided tape 

1 minute ago, dripley said:

Just an outside opinion here, but if I was looking at buying a truck and I see brand new things in areas know to rust I would be a little suspicious of said brand new things. 

I would tend to agree. I’m not entirely sure what I wanna do yet. If I’m gonna sell it I want it to be as nice as possible to get max price for it.

Just remember that all the money you into it right before selling will more then likely cause you to break even if not loose out some. If I could offer any advice just sell it as close to as is so the buyer knows what they’re getting and you’re not putting a ton of time and money into something you’re about to sell that may not even get you more money in the long run. :2cents:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't 'need' a truck either, but I choose to keep it around.  It's my hobby.

20 hours ago, notlimah said:

Pretty sure @TFaoro has it done on his. I like it if anything for the two tone look, but it's permanent so you gotta really know if that's what you want lol

Nothing is permanent. :)

Edited by trreed
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Nah I just don’t need a truck. I’m not for sure getting rid of her yet!

And I would never ever buy intruck that has been tuned. Only a stock truck. But that’s just me

3 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Why you're selling it again, after all that work and love, guessing it's to buy a 5 or 6 Speed without 53 block and Quadzilla already installed

Actually I have been throwing the idea around if getting a P pump 12 valve!