• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Spraying rockers and lower doors

8 minutes ago, Alexio Auditore said:

I line x mine. It had the chrome panels on the bottom, and they were marked up pretty bad. It was a bear to get off, but the line x looks so much better and durable. Covered old rock chips and all too

How did u get the old chrome off? I’m tempted to get those panels but spray them with line x first. It would save a ton of $ and it would likely look pretty nice. 

Line x was Gonnaa charge 8 hrs labor, so I did it myself

The secret........is..........a heat gun....a paint scrapper.....and time.

I think it took me 4 hours. You will scrape paint , but it all gets line x anyway, just be careful not to scrape a part that doesn't get it.

34 minutes ago, Alexio Auditore said:

I think it took me 4 hours. You will scrape paint , but it all gets line x anyway, just be careful not to scrape a part that doesn't get it.

Hmm if I ever remove them it won’t be becuase a want to line x the whole thing it will be becuase I want to take em off for good. In that case I better just leave well enough alone and get some touch up paint and running boards to prevent more chips.

51 minutes ago, Alexio Auditore said:

I took mine off with a heat gun as well, however I was trying to preserve the below paint. I found that once the 3M double sided tape gets hot enough, it can be rolled off. It was fairly easy, just took time.

17 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Hmm if I ever remove them it won’t be becuase a want to line x the whole thing it will be becuase I want to take em off for good. In that case I better just leave well enough alone and get some touch up paint and running boards to prevent more chips.

If you are going to get the rocker area touched up, you might consider putting PPF(Paint Protection Film) on your rocker area. I would hate to go through getting your rock chips fixed only to have them come back due to flying rocks/debris.

2 minutes ago, Red Rambler said:

I took mine off with a heat gun as well, however I was trying to preserve the below paint. I found that once the 3M double sided tape gets hot enough, it can be rolled off. It was fairly easy, just took time.

If you are going to get the rocker area touched up, you might consider putting PPF(Paint Protection Film) on your rocker area. I would hate to go through getting your rock chips fixed only to have them come back due to flying rocks/debris.

Thanks for the idea! I’ll defiantly do that. Anyone got any special rick chip repair tricks?