• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Diesel Newby From Central NY

Collinst15

Good morning all,

Name's Tim and I am relatively new to diesels.  Been a member of forum for some time but thought I would post an introduction.  

I have a 1999 Dodge 2500 24v Cummins with 169k.  I bought the truck from my father in law and it was owned by my wife's grandfather before that.  My father in law bought it with intentions on flipping it, but I needed a camper hauler so I bought it for $2500 as is.  Truck was in rough shape when I bought it.  I did a full body swap/semi restoration.  Truck runs like a top.  Current mods are BHAF, Quadzilla Xzt+, Airdog 165-4G, full set of Isspro gauges (EGT, Trans Temp, Boost, Fuel Pressure).  Future plans are to rebuild the HX35 and maybe a set of 40-75hp injectors.  Look forward to learning more about the 24v Cummins.

Tim

KIMG0437.jpg

20170305_170233.jpg

20180319_173254.jpg

Jag1 - Thank you!  Can'twait to drive it once again.  I won't drive it in NY winter if I don't have to.  Don't want to see body rust out like other was.  I picked up a donor truck from VA to do swap.  

Not sure now accurate the OBDLink is but I set it up according to forum and read the attached #s.  Red arrows are maximums read. ~300hp and ~700ftlbs

Tim

Screenshot_20180214-074929.png

• Like 1

• Staff

I would do the same thing out there.... have a winter rust rig and then also have a cream puff summer rig. That's the way to do it. I know it's best to run the dormant rig once a week using a high idle kit and a battery minder.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

The Xzt+ has a high idle feature that kicks in once truck idles for 30secs.  I start truck 1-3x a week and let it warm up to operating temps.  I have driven it on "nice" days and washed salt off it.  I am going to undercoat underside of body this summer just incase I need 4x4 next winter.

• Like 1