• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Well I foresee a new clutch in the future! With 75s and a Adrenaline I doubt it will last long! :( When I slip it the first time any guesses how

much longer it will go or is it a gamble?

So I know there will prob be several different opinions but what’s the go to for clutches? I have heard a lot of good about the South Bend OFE and Con OFE. I’m not sure if I would need a 400 or 500hp rated clutch with the injectors and Qaud?

When the time comes I plan to do this myself. How hard is it for someone that has never done clutch work? 

I would like a clutch thg will do well pulling hard and daily driving but be able to hold up to the power to come. Truck will not become any more modified than it is . Cheers! :cummins:

Is your clutch you have now the original? If so how many miles? Has it slipped with the 75's in it? if it does slip that is not an instant condemnation for it. You can drive it and adjust the power thru it with your right foot until you can replace it. Had to do that with my last clutch for quite a while until i could replace it. That is not towing by the way. Now if your existing clutch is on its last leg and slips that could be a different story. A lot a variables in play on this.

A lot folks run the SB and some other run the Valair after adding power. I had a bad experience with the Valair but others have had great luck with them. I am pretty sure my issues were install related however. I have a SB OFE in mine now and like it. It is a touch grabby though as you can find stronger clutches. Will probably go with the OHD when this goes. I swaped out my original at 240k and surprisingly it still had some life left in it.

You can replace it your self if you are handy with the wrenches. Just bare in mind if your are doing in the gravel driveway like I have, that adds a different aspect to it. The tranny weighs somewhere around 400 pounds and everything else is heavy in its own right. Helping hands will be a nessecity.  I had my SB installed at local shop here at home for $400. They did a good job too. I have pulled my 6 speed twice and had help but for $400 I passed this last time.  

As far as what clutch to get that all depends on how far you go with your power. Only you know what that will be. I am not sure you have truly made your mind up. When you know that call SB or Valair or who ever you want to talk with and let them help. Just be careful when someone starts talking Dual Disk. thats another animal.

Edited by dripley

7 minutes ago, dripley said:

Is your clutch you have now the original? If so how many miles? Has it slipped with the 75's in it? if it does slip that is not an instant condemnation for it. You can drive it and adjust the power thru it with your right foot until you can replace it. Had to do that with my last clutch for quite a while until i could replace it. That is not towing by the way. Now if your existing clutch is on its last leg and slips that could be a different story. A lot a variables in play on this.

A lot folks run the SB and some other run the Valair after adding power. I had a bad experience with the Valair but others have had great luck with them. I am pretty sure my issues were install related however. I have a SB OFE in mine now and like it. It is a touch grabby though as you can find stronger clutches. Will probably go with the OHD when this goes. I swaped out my original at 240k and surprisingly it still had some life left in it.

You can replace it your self if you are handy with the wrenches. Just bare in mind if your are doing in the gravel driveway like I have, that adds a different aspect to it. The tranny weighs somewhere around 400 pounds and everything else is heavy in its own right. Helping hands will be a nessecity.  I had my SB installed at local shop here at home for $400. They did a good job too. I have pulled my 6 speed twice and had help but for $400 I passed this last time.  

As far as what clutch to get that all depends on how far you go with your power. Only you know what that will be. I am not sure you have truly made your mind up. When you know that call SB or Valair or who ever you want to talk with and let them help. Just be careful when someone starts talking Dual Disk. thats another animal.

Thanks for this! :thumb1: Dual disc is Not in my interest. I have heard that they are very granny and will make the truck a lot harder to drive. Stick clutch is still in place. It has never slipped on me yet and has 129k miles. I think I’m pretty comfortable doing the job myself. South Bend seems to have great reputation. Lots of good things heard about their OFE and the like. I think the 75s and the Adrenaline is all I’ll ever do. I’m not building a sump queen just a reliable Daily driver and a towing machine. 

3 hours ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Dual disc is Not in my interest. I have heard that they are very granny and will make the truck a lot harder to drive.

I daily a dual disk in stop and go traffic.  They are easy to get used to.  @dripley is right.  You won't have a need for one.

• Thanks 1