• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Airdog low pressure

Need some help guys I have low fuel pressure on my airdog 150 it's running 13psi vp44 truck. The pump is kinda noisy I've checked power 13.82 volts checked my ground and changed the filters and relay and it's a new electric pump got a warranty about 2 months ago was fine then boom 13psi. 

• Staff

Did you remove the sediment screen inside the inlet side of the AD 150? Those tend to clog. Best to have a pre filter before the lift pump. Water seperating is the good one designed for the suction side of the L/P and you can then change filters whenever you need. Just 9 mos ago I put in a new AD 150 on a truck that had the in tank lift pump. to make it more effective I changed the draw straw and all fuel lines to 1/2'' lines. It stirred up enough dirt in the tank to clog the pre filter in only two weeks.

Stay above 14 psi and remember to put in the two stroke oil.

• Staff
5 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Probably ball and spring problem in return line

Isn't it only the Fass that has the return line? I might be wrong in thinking Air Dog and Rapter Lift pumps are the same thing. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

3 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Isn't it only the Fass that has the return line? I might be wrong in thinking Air Dog and Rapter Lift pumps are the same thing. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yup they sure do!

44 minutes ago, Cummins_Crazy said:

I didn't know the airdog had a sediment screen I will check that tomorrow. I've pulled the ball and spring when I put the new motor on didn't look too bad but maybe I should check again. 

Does 2 stroke oil help with the airdog? 

2 stroke helps everything fuel touches

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Like @notlimah mentioned they both of same design, kinda like politicians. 

" politicians are kind of like diapers and should be changed periodically and for the same reason" 

• Haha 1

• Staff

I don't scientifically measure. I just guestimate how much to pour in.

The biggest concern is the injection pump was designed for the old oily fuel, had greater lubrication, so adding 2 stroke puts it back to specs for its design.

I just take a sharp pointed screw tip and thread thru the little screen and pull it out. You don't need a dinky filter like that just a stranded truck waiting to happen. Put on a real pre filter that seperates water out too.

• Like 1

My AD II 165 has no screen and neither should the 150. It has a return just like the 150 should and 2 filters.  The Raptor does have the screen, no filters, and no return line. 2 different systems.

If it has gotten noisy it may sucking in air. You might check and see if you lost the seal between the pump and the filter head. I am assuming that's all you had to mess with to install the new pump. I had to put a new on mine about 3 years ago and dont remember how it sealed. If you had to remove any lines double check them too.

9 minutes ago, Cummins_Crazy said:

I put a new water separator on also so that filter should be clean. 

I was under the understanding that you do not have to replace the water separator you just remove it and and turn it over and tap it and out and replace and that is all I have ever done and just change the filter.

Yea I didn't know why it has low pressure so I just ordered both of them to try and fix it but nothing and I have the quadzilla fuel pressure gauge by the injection pump and a fuel pressure gauge on the pump and both are reading the same so it can't be a gauge so I  ruled that out.