• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

If everything surrounding the DDRP is stock, is it limiting the DDRP/fuel pressure?  Would it be beneficial to increase fuel line size? And what other benefit that would also be beneficial when I upgrade from the DDRP to either a more powerful mechanical or electric pump should I do?

As for your question about limiting pressure.  The answer is indirectly.  The small stock suction lines will limit the flow that is allowed, which will make the DDRP work harder to suck fuel to it.  So it is limiting the DDRP.  Now on the other side of the pump, the stock sized lines will again limit flow, but pressure will look very good, due to the amount of fuel that the DDRP is trying to supply.  It is recommended to go to larger fuel lines.  Even 3/8" would be a good step up over the stock ones.

• Owner

Image result for mopar1973man fuel lines size

Enuf said...

Just now, portlandareae28 said:

Will this be useful with the mechanical set up as well?  I am assuming the mechanical setup can still use the stock filter/housing?  or does it bypass the stock setup all together?

I kept my stock filter housing and still use it. You'll need to get a big line kit between the stock filter and injection pump.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, portlandareae28 said:

Will this be useful with the mechanical set up as well?  I am assuming the mechanical setup can still use the stock filter/housing?  or does it bypass the stock setup all together?

I do t know much about mechanical pumps. It will be useful for any fuel system. What are he goals for the truck? @trreed Has a mechanical pump he will tell you.

1 minute ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Image result for mopar1973man fuel lines size

Enuf said...

I kept my stock filter housing and still use it. You'll need to get a big line kit between the stock filter and injection pump.

I should be able to build a BIG line kit fairly easy, I have a Parker hose store close.  Does anyone have the specifics on the fittings?  obviously the hose is 1/2" :-)

1 minute ago, dripley said:

Just bare in mind a big line kit by itself is not going to make much difference if you are still pulling fuel thru the stock lines.

Best bet to increase longevity and pressure is big lines all the way from tank to Vp44. Better yet get a Airdog. It all depends on your power goals. If your gonna hop it up a little I would screw the DDRP

Those are made for bone stock trucks 

Just now, dripley said:

Just bare in mind a big line kit by itself is not going to make much difference if you are still pulling fuel thru the stock lines.

to increase the fuel lines from the tank I am going to assume is going to require dropping the tank and modifying the pickup as well?  I did a Draw Straw and built the regulated return system on my 7.3, just still learning my way around this truck a little bit.  I could easily run 1/2" from the tank if no mods are needed to the pick up itself, but I am going to guess the pickup that is stock in that tank is not engineered to move this much fuel.  Actually there was a tank for $50 or less on Craigslist, wonder if the guy still has it, could clean, it, build it and swap them.  hmmmmm....

1 minute ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Best bet to increase longevity and pressure is big lines all the way from tank to Vp44. Better yet get a Airdog. It all depends on your power goals. If your gonna hop it up a little I would screw the DDRP

Those are made for bone stock trucks 

I will be upgrading the pump sooner than later, but this all has to be done anyway, so may as well get started.

• Like 1

Thenstock stuff is pretty restrictive from pick up to VP. My AD came with a kit to replace my intank pump so I did drop the tank and rebuild the fuel basket. The weird thing was the pick up that came with it was only 3/8. I did not know many better at the time. That contributes to my 3 and sometimes 4 psi drop in pressure at WOT with comp turned up. I still above the 14 psi threshold however.

• Like 1