• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Previous issues and a new noise.

Can a APPS go bad without code? I’m curious if this is part of the low power issue. Just speculating while over here in the BVIs at the hotel. So far the P0237 hasn’t came back since I cleared the code. Turbo rebuild kit should be there when I get home along with a boost elbow suggested by Matt at DAP. Also I’ll be checking for boost leaks. If I do have boost leaks and the low power is from that and a sloppy turbo why the heck would that0237 code have popped up?  

Also so will my turbo need rebalancing when the rebuild is done?

• Owner
11 hours ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Can a APPS go bad without code?

Not typically. Basically the P0122 or P0123 is when the APPS sensor goes out of range either hi or lo voltage. When it does the ECM normally dead pedals for protection so not to either be in WOT or so low to possibly stall the engine. The P0121 code is when the voltage of the APPS and the IVS don't agree with each other this is more common when the owner has done voltage adjustment on worn sensors. 

So the rare part is to have a spot in the cruising realm that the rheostat starts to wear out and the voltage dips. Still in a normal range but just voltage changed. This can be seen on a live data tool where the throttle is held steady and the TPS signal is jumping up and down possibly. Then if you change the position slightly the value now is steady and normal again showing the weak spot you've just past.

• Like 1