• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

ok guys my 2002 fuel mileage sucks iv had different issues with it had a miss at idle changed injectors fixed miss put dap 50hp in it got a edge ez tuner fass pump boost gauge about 10 on it when getting in it and about 4-5 driving 55 fuel pressure 20lb idle 16 down highway iv checked fuel mileage in town about 13 mph . so could tuner or injector cause bad fuel mileage i mean shouldn't it get a little better i drive like a old man  thanks.

What gears do you have?  If 4:10's your not too bad.  How the go pedal is used makes a big difference.

L8tr

D

Posted (edited)

My truck  with 4:10's  gets 14-16 around town, 16-18 freeway and I am an old man. 

I just put in new RV275 injectors so we'll see if there is any improvement.

Edited by IBMobile
  • Like 1

My best mileage so far is 19.4.  Obviously no highway. I typically average 18.  I would guesstimate almost 17 highway. I drive like a dead grandma...god rest her sole

L8tr

D

On 4/13/2018 at 6:43 PM, juspassinthrough said:

got a edge ez tuner

Need to ditch the tuner and jump up to a Quadzilla Adrenaline. The biggest thing you have ZERO control of the timing and very little if any control of the fuel. I'm able to touch 21 MPG with just the Quadzilla and no wiretap for one year. 

I know this is going off track a bit. Like my 1996 dodge 5.9L V8 I'm running 235/85 R16 tires on 3.55 gears this makes the final gear ratio about 3.43. Now after doing a bit of study work I'm going to change on this next set of tires from 235/85 R16 to 245/75 R16 which will drop my final gear ratio to 3.72 roughly. This will reduce the load on the engine. Now in your case you rear gears at 4.11 so what size tire are you running so I can find your final ratio.

you have 3.55's if you are at 1800 rpm at 65 mph.  

Biggest thing with the EZ canned tunes is you need to keep engine load sub %25.  Once you top that timing falls off from ~18-19* down to 12* and your MPG follows.  

A set of 7 x .010's will help you do 65 mph while keeping engine load down.

• Like 1