• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Website building for a small business

GSP7

I need to make a website or 2 for my business. General Contractor and Auto Restoration

Ive researched a couple Host/ Website builders:

1&1 https://www.1and1.com/

Homestead http://www.homestead.com/create-a-website

Im not sure I like either

There is also Go Daddy that I need to look at

Looks like I can get a website concluding / Hosting/ domain name for starting at $90-100 per year

Do any of you experienced website builders know of some other good website builders/hosts ?

• Owner

If you want I'm managing a few websites now. I'd be glad to support your venture. 

http://prevailwebmanagement.com/clients.htm/

6 minutes ago, GSP7 said:

Looks like I can get a website concluding / Hosting/ domain name for starting at $90-100 per year

I'm at $719 a year ($59.85 per month) for quality hosting. I'm running 2 Cores, 4 GB or RAM, 90 GB of hard drive and 3 TB of bandwidth. 

Shared hosting is very limited but OK for a startup operation. The problem is most of them limit connections to 100 total. Most servers are too small to handle traffic loads. I'm currently racking 500-600 (Max 750) connections per minute here. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I need make a small business website not a Forum. I think that's what you are talking about

I just need a website Search Engine Optimization for advertisement for my businesses so people searching will find me, look at my web site, and call me

I used to advertise the old fashioned way, with ads but they dont exist anymore of have started to charge way to much money or there are scams like angie's list or home adviser

Why would any contractor use Home Adviser or Angies list is beyond me. Both are  complete high dollar $$ money rip off scams

• Owner
8 hours ago, GSP7 said:

I need make a small business website not a Forum

Just a change of plugins I would use that's all. The software meets current HTML5 and CSS3 requirements. Basically, we have a skeleton and just need to dress it. I just drop the "Forum plugin" for the "Pages plugin" that's all. Kind how I've got Prevail Web Managment there is no forum. Software based website is much easier for the owner to manage and less headache of keeping up with the code requirements and SEO requirement. This is why I like the Invison Power Community for the software. It cover every aspect a business would need. You can start small and grow into the software adding plugins as needed to meet your needs. 

https://invisioncommunity.com/

8 hours ago, GSP7 said:

I just need a website Search Engine Optimization for advertisement for my businesses so people searching will find me, look at my web site, and call me

I'm pretty good at SEO being just M73M (Avg 9-11 position) and Smarty Resource (10-12 position)I've been cranking the score pretty good. The bad part is part of that is based on the age of the domain name so starting fresh there is a lot of other factors we must deal with to make it score well fast. Links from other sites and content must be text RICH. I'm a smaller website than the rest but able to take them on several different topics to the #1 placement on search. I've got at least 42 queries that I place in the number 1 spot out of 1,000.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nv4500 hard to get into gear

https://www.google.com/search?q=98-99 dodge hd steering

8 hours ago, GSP7 said:

I used to advertise the old fashioned way, with ads but they dont exist anymore of have started to charge way to much money or there are scams like angie's list or home adviser

I've done Google Adwords and Facebook so far and each has there place and bonuses. Google Adwords tends to hit a wider range of people where Facebook is good for younger folks. 

I am just learning.... I dont know squat about how it all works.  I didnt even know what SEO ment till a couple days ago

Domain Name . I dont know the ends and outs of that either.. What if you want to change your domain name but keep the same website?   Is  domain name a permanent thing?

Once I get a website and more knowledge Id like to set it up so people can send me money with their credit card......

I have a question

Why do some people's websites not have any website host name at the bottom anywhere?

Like your site has this at the bottom and you can open and check out the site host

For example. This website does not have a site host name anywhere at the bottom

http://www.baryonyxknife.com/

Edited by GSP7

• Owner
17 hours ago, GSP7 said:

What if you want to change your domain name but keep the same website? 

SEO is based on domain age, So like many people told me I need to change my domain name to Cummins something. The only problem is I would have to buy an existing domain that is 11 years old or older to keep my SEO rank I've got now which puts a price tag of roughly $10,000 to about 25,000 for an 11-year-old domain name with Cummins in it. As I've proved to everyone now Domain name will not break your SEO. My site was originally a personal notebook that grew. So I named it after myself back in 2007. So for me to change domain names now I would have to start all over form ZERO and rebuild from the ground up again for another 11 years. Even if I added a domain to this site it will have no power and never be used because my M73M.com is still older and has more SEO strength so it doesn't make any sense to mess with it. 

17 hours ago, GSP7 said:

Is  domain name a permanent thing?

Yes. Same reason above.

17 hours ago, GSP7 said:

Once I get a website and more knowledge Id like to set it up so people can send me money with their credit card......

I can do this from the start. Really easy to do. Invision Power Board all ready has a full store and electronic funds handling out of the box with the Commerce Module. You can even write custom invoices. So, to give you an idea I've picked up my PayPal credit card reader for my phone. I'll be able to generate invoices on my website for Air Conditioning work this summer. Then allow the website to manage the funds for me. The customers can get their invoices on the website later. This will modernize my A/C business. Don't need an office and can work out of the bed of my truck over the Internet.

17 hours ago, GSP7 said:

Why do some people's websites not have any website host name at the bottom anywhere?

That's an SEO trick I'm pulling to give some M73M.com power back to Prevail Web Management. The more links I have between Prevail and other websites the more SEO power I gain. So placing that link on the bottom of the page that gives Prevail a huge amount of link power because that is on every page as a footer. Link out give power to what you are linked to. What you'll need is other websites linked to you to gain strength. So currently CF.com got 818 different links going to 135 different pages on M73M.com. Good SEO strength there. 

As you can see my #1 placements. 

seo.png

Remember Shared hosting is limited to 100 connection at any one time typically. Just take notice of the amount of traffic here and this will give you food for thought. 

traffic.png

The other thing is websites have to be built on the mobile side more so. 

device.png

This why I love the Invision Power Board base software it gives this automatically. Desktop...

desktop.png

Then Tablet...

tablet.png

Then Mobile...

mobile.png

• Owner

So my suggestion is, start with GoDaddy.Com for hosting. Do the smallest hosting package you can to get started up. I would suggest going for the Invision Power Suite software because it covers all angles of website hosting. Just got to add the proper plugin and put content on the site. No coding experience required to keep the software going. Just like doing emails... That simple. 

Then once you manage to reach 100 connection limit and choke on GoDaddy I would suggest flipping over to iPage VPS (Virtual Private Servers). Way better control of the server, software, and configuration. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

On 4/14/2018 at 1:29 PM, GSP7 said:

That's an SEO trick I'm pulling to give some M73M.com power back to Prevail Web Management. The more links I have between Prevail and other websites the more SEO power I gain. So placing that link on the bottom of the page that gives Prevail a huge amount of link power because that is on every page as a footer. Link out give power to what you are linked to. What you'll need is other websites linked to you to gain strength. So currently CF.com got 818 different links going to 135 different pages on M73M.com. Good SEO strength ther

OK ,, I get that.

Look at this painters site at the very bottom

http://www.schwarzcustompainting.com/

It just reads "copyright by schwarz.....

But there is no link to a Host/website builder.....

Why is there no link to a host? 

Is that becuase maybe he payed some private person to build that his website for him and the builder kinda is cheating him on SEO?.

Edited by GSP7

• Owner

Just like Invision Power Board I can pay the steep $500 fee and do the same thing...

copyright.png

Since I've not paid the fee the copyright notice must remain. As for other hosting information, I could leave it off but I like supporting my own businesses. 

7 minutes ago, GSP7 said:

Why is there no link to a host?

Because he's on a quality Virtual Private Server (VPS) most likely. They typically are clean servers without the tagging or advertising of the hosting company like some of the cheap hosting sites. 

9 minutes ago, GSP7 said:

Is that becuase maybe he payed some private person to build that his website for him and the builder kinda is cheating him on SEO?.

He's on HTML5 code and CCS3 styling. SEO is OK the only thing is he's way too deep in photos and not enough words. Remember one thing about search engines they cannot see graphics or colors. 

So what Google sees is this. 

schwarzcustompainting.png

Yes I can see website through Google Glasses and strip of the eye candy that is meaningless and get right down to what sells. The TEXT! If you don't have any text you SEO is junk. In his case the SEO is OK nothing special but OK. 

So any example from my site that scores EXCELLENT on the SEO.

Now the Google Glasses... Lots and lots of text. Less graphics and colors but SEO scores high...

fuel pressure.png

• Owner

Looks good but... You got to find out how much access to the server do you have? Do you have SSH access on PuTTy? Then if you do can you access your LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) settings from the terminal? Most have all this behind a firewall and leaves you hanging this is a typical issue with Shared Hosting. So if the MySQL server isn't tuned for your purpose you going to take a performance hit. The thing is don't look at the monthly price look at what you capable of doing. 

Ask for...

• How many concurrent connections are you allowed?
  • How much RAM does your website get from the server?
  • How much CPU power or Cores do you get for your website?
  • How much bandwidth and speed do you get for your website?
  • How much storage, file count and file size are you allowed for your website?
  • Can you customize your php.ini file for your PHP?
  • Can you customize the my.cnf file for your MySQL server?
  • Can you access your server by terminal (Linux) or PuTTy (Windows)

Let say I've seen few hosting companies like iPage Shared Hosting that is very limited and you can't do anything server wise. Another bad company is Network Solutions again no access to the server at all. GoDaddy.Com at least has the full access to the server from the terminal (or PuTTy). 

Why does this matter? It because the TTFB (Time to first byte) is important. You should see about 200-400ms TTFB value. This means the server is setup properly and not lagging for memory or server configuration issues. The worse this value get slower Google and other search engine walk your site and update the search engines. If you have a slow server then you business will be slow to start and be seen. You'll constantly be out ranked SEO wise for faster sites. 

Here is another site I just changed from Shared Hosting to VPS. You can see the ramp up of Google bots as the server became quicker and capable of server more connections. 

vps.png

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner
1 hour ago, GSP7 said:

So,,,,,, You think that Go Daddy is one of the best hosts to use and has real good SEO ...?

Let me straight something out... Hosting is going to be limited no matter where you go. Most all have 100 connection limit. so speed and power is limited period. As for how much you can tune to get the most out of it I would say GoDaddy is a good beginner starting spot. Depending on how much content and how fast you keep updating the site and pushing it will determine how fast you'll grow to the limit and outgrow GoDaddy. M73M.com outgrew GoDaddy.com in about 3 years.

SEO no host has anything to do with SEO. That is strictly up to you. Hosting company is not going to help nor setup SEO for you. Again this is strictly up to you and what you plan on building. Hence this why I push the Invision Power Board because from the start its SEO is GOOD it up to you to but the less bit of effort into the configuration of the software and your webpages to make it excellent. The biggest problem I see people doing is post a ton of photos and no text/words on a page. This is a dead page and has ZERO SEO. Again it about how much you type in text that people can read produce SEO. SEO is built from URL Links, Title, Keyword usage, and a bit of META tag usage. Again no hosting company will promise good or best SEO. That is strictly on the website owner. You have to have the drive and the want to build a top-notch website. I've seen several website start look pretty and fail shortly afterwards because of praying that good looks would get them that high SEO. Nope... Don't work that way. 

An example I can use is the policy violator database I built for Smarty Resource website. They needed a way to take care of the vendors that were breaking the MAP pricing policies. I told the owner I have a solution after building the database and tweaking the SEO for the database. I asked Brian the Admin to start filling in the database. I asked him which one was there problem child? He told me It only took me 7-9 days I had that vendor calling the website owner begging to get off that list. This shocked the owner of the website he couldn't believe I was able to do that. I told him I could now remove him at the drop of the hat and make his website disappear in under 48 hours.

https://smartyresource.com/policy-violators.htm/

Again another shocker to the website owner. So I've been employeed by Smarty Resource as there Server Admin for now 1.5 years. 

https://smartyresource.com/staff/

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I called a sales guy at GoDaddy he made this in 1 minute as a example and emailed it to me he said . but I never got a email from godaddy so he gave me the address below. I still never got a e mail from godaddy

https://mycontractingsite.godaddysites.com/

I asked about Domain names . He just started doing stuff . Then I got a hint of sales presure. Im not sure if the guy from godaddy was trying to pressure me into something and charge me more for doing something I did not ask for or what...He was a fast talker............Sigh, Ugh !

I need to fully understand about domain names for SEO that are not my business name

Like- www.local(city)generalcontractor.com ----- or something like that

UGH ! 

Edited by GSP7

• Owner

You need to hunt the internet and see if the domain name is available. Just type into your browser any domain name you would want. See if it returns anything. Then check back with GoDaddy domain name search and see if it's available through them. 

As for GoDaddy or any shared hosting REMEMBER your only paying $5 dollars a month. That not enough for anyone to live on so of course they are going anything they can to see more addons and packages than what you need. They want to make money as well. This one reason I'm not fond of the shared hosting. Cheap servers, limited everything even though that say "unlimited everything". More or less you are buying a "Geo" and asking to jump into the Nascar circuit. Like I said it good start hosting but I wouldn't expect to stay there. 

If you are looking for domain name based on SEO thoughts then you better look at the keyword you would most likely to use over and over on your own website. Again look at my site my domain name has nothing to do with Cummins or Diesels but I'm up there with all the big names and surpassed many of them on SEO value. 

Just think a company named "Amazon" they have absolutely nothing to with the jungle, rain forest or South America. Domain name can be anything you wish it to be. So don't let SEO scare you into limited choices. 

Like my web management I chose "Prevail Web Management". The definition of prevail...

prove more powerful than opposing forces; be victorious.

Which I've managed to do in two different cases. Yeah, I'll admit my Prevail site is rather ragged and be lacking content but between all the jobs I do, I understand. I'm building it as a notebook of tricks and tips as I learn to overcome different problems. I've got an awesome way to deal with email addresses now and how to deal spammers from foreign countries. So, later on, I've got to update my articles on that site as well as check here and Smarty Resource...

Mike , The Godaddy guy did some Domain name searching to see if an existing name that matches building contractor, or terms included in the domain name.

Do you have to pay more money or alot more money for a existing name rather than starting with a new un used domain name?

Rick

I should have  worded my question different:...Are some existing domains the same amount of money as a new domain? Or not any more money than starting with a new name

I already new some were alot more money

Edited by GSP7