• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Reputation Points?

Change the reputation system from positive only and go positive and negative both.   

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should I delete current reputation point and change it to positive and negative system?

• Yes. Change it to positive and negative point system.
    • No. Keep the current system. Positive only system.
    • Another idea... Post it up... Let's here it.

• Owner

I want to do a website shake-up. I've got a wild idea to make the reputation points mean something for the other members. I want to take the current reputation scores of everyone and zero them out. Then change up the reputation system to go positive and negative both. This way if you give out good info and people thank you or like your post then you gain score. If you just were lazy and half-baked your answer or just poor info then a person can give you Sad smiley and be a negative score. This would give better information to the public of whose information is on cue. 

Right now the website is just strict positive rank thing. I don't think that is fair or a right measurement. The changeup would show the up's and down's of people answer and provide better information to the noobies that come into the website. 

I think the higher positive score is still represented correctly even without there being a negative option. 

I dont think people would use negative scores just purely based on the nature of it. Plus sometimes the sad smilie has been used as sarcasm or funny reaction to a comment. 

I think the way it works now is pretty good. You either put out good info and get a like, or you don’t and nothing, but without the need for anything potentially ‘negative’ coming from it.

• Like 2

• Staff

I prefer the current system also and like it when others care enough to correct any mistakes from not enough coffee or whatever fog rolled in. 

I think a new emoticon can be added that represents a mistake made by someone. Something comical to make notification to the poster of his/ her mistake. That way they can go back and better their education on their truck.

• Like 1

• Staff

I trust that IBMobile can come up with a genuinely appropriate emoticon that will draw attention to Brain Fog Posts. Something that will stop the press till corrected. I will have the highest no. of them believe me.

Perhaps instead of a total reflecting pluses/ minuses just show how many times bonked or notified.

Edited by JAG1

4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I admit I do too but never take a minus for my mistakes. Why I considered the negative ability. I might be on top forever. I just dont think it's far.

https://mopar1973man.com/leaderboard/?time=oldest

Yea but that makes sense Mike. It reflects the amount of posts with how many likes. You have high post count and high points. If someone were to have high post count and low points, it’d lead me to believe that maybe they post a lot just not all is the best or most helpful info.

5 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I admit I do too but never take a minus for my mistakes. Why I considered the negative ability. I might be on top forever. I just dont think it's far.

https://mopar1973man.com/leaderboard/?time=oldest

I agree with what's being said. @Mopar1973Man you have been here since day one and I would expect your score to be high. Mine reflects the time I have been here and a good sense of humor as much as any knowledge I possess. Quite a few folks here have me beat hands down.

Edited by dripley

A negative point system for people like myself, who's posting English is poor and knowledge is small....How about handicapping?:)

All honesty...when someone makes a boo-boo doesn't take long to get sorted out.  Most people after reading a post and before buying something recommend on-line look several at past postings don't they?  

• Staff
19 minutes ago, 015point9 said:

when someone makes a boo-boo doesn't take long to get sorted out.

When I post the air filter article and had a type o in the size of a filter opening people were on it in no time pointing out the boo-boo.  There are enough people here with experience in so many different facets that not quite right information would be corrected in short order.   

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

What? Your 3rd place on the leader board.

I realize that and tickled to be there.  I guess what I am trying to say is the score reflects much as how long I have been here not just what I know. Some others have not been here as long or post as much and are a fountain knowledge. 

Edited by dripley

I dont like the idea of negative points.   This community doesn't support the typical Internet Forum Dogpile attitude.  

If someone does post bad info we typically have the article with the data to explain a better answer.    I can't really think of a point where I would have used a negative rating.  We just dont have that type of user.

Edited by Me78569

I don't like the idea of negativity points.  I think it would have a negative impact on the generally positive attitudes that are here.  When I read advice and ideas on here I don't quickly check their reputation points as it is, I don't think negative points will add anything of value to the site.

• Staff
4 hours ago, Me78569 said:

I dont like the idea of negative points.   This community doesn't support the typical Internet Forum Dogpile attitude.  

If someone does post bad info we typically have the article with the data to explain a better answer.    I can't really think of a point where I would have used a negative rating.  We just dont have that type of user.

I tend to agree. Only once did I need to moderate a bad post. Even then I only had to delete the flame portion of it. That way is the best.... not deleting someones entire post since eliminating just a few words changes the whole tone.

4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Well dang... I want to give up the top #1 position to someone. I can't do it unless I could throw negative points on there. :shrug: (4,575 Rep points...)

Figure it percentages.  Rep points divided by total posts equals ratio, then X 100 to get into percentage.  

Moparman rep points equals 19.5 percent 

Me  and barley a beginner 27 percent

Just mentally glancing IBMoble  is way up there. 

Need 50 rep points for suggestion  :hyper::hyper::hyper:  HA HA HA  

• Haha 1