• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Reputation Points?

Change the reputation system from positive only and go positive and negative both.   

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should I delete current reputation point and change it to positive and negative system?

• Yes. Change it to positive and negative point system.
    • No. Keep the current system. Positive only system.
    • Another idea... Post it up... Let's here it.

I think everyone should stay neutral and equal no matter their posts and comments. In other forums I belong to its not always the likes that make a person more knowledgeable, but rather how many friends they have.I have stumbled on a quite a few that have many likes, but really doesnt answer the specific question at hand. I think having more emoji's that are funny, both dislikes and likes would be more appropriate here. Giving a count of likes and dislikes is, to me, like being back in elementary school when the teacher use to give out stars to their favorite students. This is just my .02 cents.

What if different icons had different weights to them?  Like the standard 'like' would be 1 point, and used for anything funny or for some image that people like.  Then 'thanks' could be worth 2 points and used for helpful information or whatnot.  Would it be easy to add some kind of status bar so people could glance at someone 'stats' to see what their point distribution is?  

Edited by trreed

• Owner
3 hours ago, trreed said:

What if different icons had different weights to them?

Yes, they can.

3 hours ago, trreed said:

Would it be easy to add some kind of status bar so people could glance at someone 'stats' to see what their point distribution is?  

You already have the Rep point on your postbit. Just above your post number.

No I mean like a distribution to show how many of each weight a person has. Like a person with a bunch of ‘thanks’ responses would theoretically provide accurate, relevant data for example, and someone just glancing at that user would know that user is probably a reliable source of info. 

Edited by trreed

So maybe just modify that list or add a new one with the system @trreed is suggesting and make it so it’ll show a break down of likes/thanks/lol’s whatever so when someone went to check a posters score just like they could currently check those reputation points, they could see how much of each rating they’ve received.

• Owner
11 hours ago, notlimah said:

@trreed is suggesting and make it so it’ll show a break down of likes/thanks/lol’s whatever so when someone went to check a posters score just like they could currently check those reputation points, they could see how much of each rating they’ve received.

No such mod exist on the IPS website I did some digging but no luck.

• Owner

Problem is it only stored as a single number. Total reputation. There is no count of total Thanks, Likes, Laugh, and Sad. This why this mod doesn't exist. As you can see it only stores the total count of all positive or negative total. That's all. 

Here is your account info and what it stores. (Email blanked for your protection).

trreed.png

Edited by Mopar1973Man