• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

HE351 snap ring removal

Didn’t know where to put this topic but since it’s on a 2nd gen I’ll put it here. I’m wanting to paint the compressor housing on my he351cw this weekend but it’s a pain to remove the snap ring that holds it on. It doesn’t have one of those convenient tabs that make it easy to remove its just got 1 hole in each side like a normal snap ring. Does anyone have a cheap tool that I can pick up at the hardware store? I can’t find any snap ring pliers big enough. I got it out last time with 2 punches and some channel locks but I’d rather not go through that again ? 

Make sure to check for boost leak behind that snap ring when you're done mine was losing a lot of air from there, took some rtv to cure it.

Harbor freight may fave something. Or you can make your own, welding something on channel locks or drill holes in them to put something in.