• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What the heck!

IBMobile

• Staff

Last Saturday night my wife and I started a five week camping trip in our fifth wheel trailer.  Tuesday morning we pulled in to Capital Reef National Park, dropped the trailer and did some sight seeing.  The road in the park is only about 10 miles and took us 8 hours to see the sights.  

The next morning we set of for Moab, Utah to see both Arches and Canyonland National Parks. We get to the camp grounds and as I'm unhooking the trailer the check engine light comes on. What the heck!  With code reader in hand I find P0336 crankshaft position sensor signal.  OK, I had replaced it about 50,000 miles ago and the truck just turned 102,000 miles so my be the life expectancy of that part is 50,000mi so call around and find on at O'Reilly's.

Great, I have an account with them.  I get it, drop the starter, install it. put everything back together and road test all while the wind is blowing and the temp is 44°F.  Everything is great and the next two days are spent touring the National Parks. 

Friday morning and it's time to leave for Des Moines, IA.    I find a water leak in the "basement" of the trailer.  What the heck!  Lucky for me it's just a drip and it has been collecting in an old dishpan.  It's the cold water hose fitting for the out side shower which we never use.  I empty the pan then Google RV parts and supply.  A few come up in Grand Junction, CO.  Great, we're going that way.  A few hours later and we pull into Centennial RV.  They had the part that I needed and in a few minutes the leak was stopped and we're on the road again.

Friday night we pull into Wiggins, CO.  and the left propane tank is empty so switch over to the right and every thing is nice.  Wake up Saturday morn and it's 42°F in the trailer, 32°F and snowing outside, so turn on the heater.  What the heck!  NO HEAT.  The light on the fridge saying it's not working either.  I go out side and check the right gas bottle and it's full so it must be a bad gas regulator.  Google RV parts and supply and one come up in Sterling, CO.  Great we're going that way.  We call Sterling RV Center and yes they have just what we need.  One hour later we pull in and there is a new duel tank with auto switch over propane gas regulator waiting for us.  I buy it and go down the road to the local Home Depot parking lot and install it.  Yes we have heat, hot water, and the fridge is working again.  Life is good once more and we're on the road again.

Now we're in a truck stop for the night just outside of Lincoln, Nebraska.  I wonder if we'll have another what the heck day.  With four more weeks to go on this trip I'm sure there will be.  

IBMobile            

Capital Reef National Park, Utah 

IMG_2948.JPG.7be71be897655cbdb95c3870f45c7515.JPG 

Edited by IBMobile

Thankfully only minor stuff, and with good luck having the parts readily available :thumb1:

@IBMobile how’s those rv275 working out pulling the trailer, any noticeable difference? I been wanting to install these along with a tuner myself, I’m hoping my work load is going to slow down and be able to install these and get some TLC done next month 

I have run the RV's on mine with a Banks tuner, 75hp, by themselves with no tuner, and with an Edge comp. They ran great with and with out the tuners. Picked up a little mpg bump as well. Thinking about getting mine re done and reinstalled. Great for daily driving and towing.

Edited by dripley

• Staff
8 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Come back to Idaho you'll be safe. Make sure you tell Jennifer that too. :whistle:

We'll be go right by your house some time around the end of the first or beginning of the second week in May. 

Right now we're in a beautiful state camp ground in Iowa and should be here for four nights.

5 hours ago, 01cummins4ever said:

any noticeable difference?

What a difference towing.   With the RV 275 injectors and the manual boost controller there is more than enough power.  No more need to floor board the skinny pedal to get on the freeway.   

• Owner
9 hours ago, syndicateshop said:

@IBMobile I'm just north and east of Des Moines, If you are traveling along I80 and need anything between Omaha amd Illinois don't hesitate to hollar. And thanks again for the Vp44 ground fix write up!

Did you add yourself to the 911 Database? 

https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/911-support.html/

• Staff

Today getting on I-90 at Chamberlaind, SD after having lunch, the torque convertor would not lock up.  I tried to lock it up with the mystery switch but no luck.  The trans temp climbing to 190°F, then the convertor locks up.  What the heck!  No check engine light.

I'm thinking either poor connection at transmission, problem with the lock up solenoid, problem in valve body, or problem in the torque convertor. 

• Owner

automatic-2.jpg

Basically, you need to make sure your getting +12V on the Red lead. Then the Orange/Balck is getting your ground signal. Double check the #1 fuse to see if it cracked. I've seen that too many times. You can look at the fuse and it appears fine but to an ohm meter its cracked. Might swap relays for the transmission to see if it bad relay.

• Thanks 1