• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Abs/brake idiot lights

I know the classic abs/brake lights, one of the many curses for these truck but here we go.

replaced both front sensors, replaced the sensor in the rear diff, checked all the wiring, checked the switch for the e-brake, brake fluid is good, all calipers work as they should. 

Recently came into a good scanner that could read ABS codes and hooked it up, it'll read engine no problem but not abs. Is it possible that the abs module is mad and not allowing the scanner to read and that's why the lights are on?

(I also thought maybe it doesn't work but I read the codes on the jeep and the other ram, found out those issues so I know it works.)

• Owner

If you have done all the sensors so now you have to change the bearing on both axles. My last round of ABS/Brake Light was a bad tone ring on the passenger side. One I replaced the bearing left and right side lights went off. 

Now to see this you need a special live data tool that can show road speed from all three sensors at once. What you'll find is one of the tone wheels is not showing speed till like 30 MPH then it working. When you slow down then the speed drop to zero on the one one tone wheel. Then creates the error. 

You can have the ABS module rebuilt by Module Master for a total of $130. (Five year warranty!)

https://modulemaster.com/rebuilds/shop/brakes/abs-modules/abs-kh-dodge/

1 hour ago, Alexio Auditore said:

Did the light come on and the abs isn't working or is it causing the pump to run and you had to disconnect power to shut it off?

Both abs/brake lights have been on the entire time I've owned the truck and the brakes lock up when you slam on them so I assume abs doesn't work., but the other day was the 3rd time I've had to lock up brakes with a loaded trailer and I'm tired of sliding

2 hours ago, Alexio Auditore said:

Ok. So have you checked under the hood on driver's side to see if the pump is connected? (I'm assuming you bought the truck with lights on, and maybe previous owner unhooked the pump because it was continuously running with truck on or off.)((mine does that, bad abs module))

Yea they've been one since I bought it, And I've checked all connections, chased all the wires making sure none were broke or shorting out. 

Sounds like you are having issues with your Snap-on tool you either need update or some other interface for the tool you are using.

I do have a Snap-on MT2500 the famous (red brick) with the 2004 MT2500VCI black cartridge no issues accessing ABS system.

Since you are not complaining about missing speedo the ABS module has to be operational.

5 minutes ago, Chris O. said:

Sounds like you are having issues with your Snap-on tool you either need update or some other interface for the tool you are using.

I do have a Snap-on MT2500 the famous (red brick) with the 2004 MT2500VCI black cartridge no issues accessing ABS system.

Since you are not complaining about missing speedo the ABS module has to be operational.

I thought the same but I can connect to another vehicle no problem and read abs codes (I read the Chevys codes because I know what's wrong, just don't care enough to fix) but I liked the mt2500, just upgraded recently due to a friends divorce and got the solus pro. Gave my dad the mt2500. 

Ahhh gotcha, didn't know the abs had to do with speedo on these. I just I need to watch the cds that came with the scanner to learn how to do live data and do what moparman1973 recommended to watch all 3 sensors at once.