• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

After 15 years of service my doors and now clunking, rattle, wind noise etc. I've been pretty religious about keeping the hinges lubed up and checking for door sag. Actually, my issue was more so in the rear doors which the lower latch was a bit sloppy. I did a bit adjusting to align the striker pin in the middle of the latch gap and make sure the door made a full cycle in on the latch (both latches). Then you have to re-adjust your main door striker pin the same way middle of the latch notch and enough that you get a full cycle of both latches. This really tightens up the doors a bunch and seem to shut solid now and tight. 

As for door sag, you can check this by having the door open and lifting at the outer bottom corner and seeing if the hinge moves at all. If it does that means you'll need to do a door hinge rebuild. Don' let this go it will ruin your door latch eventually because of misalignment of the striker pin beating the top of the latch.

https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-24617-703-273.aspx

38423-007.JPG

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

All winter long I really didn't do much to the truck but now spring come everything ignored from cold wet weather now is biting me now. Can't cry when I'm passing 341k and rolling.

I know the feeling, just crossed 441k on the way home yesterday.

• Like 1

• Staff

I found out if you let the doors go loose for too long it wears the hinge pin hole also so that the bushing kit work well and bushing won't last long either. You will be buying new hinges which are expensive :spend:

How is everybody removing the pin with the hinge on the truck? Or are you supporting the door and taking the top hinge off, new pins, and than installing it back on. Then proceeding to do the bottom hinge after the top is re installed? 

• Owner

I've done a few older trucks by supporting the door and doing them on the truck. The problem is the hinge has to be separated so you can change the bushings. So this is not a single man job being these trucks have electrical in thee doors. The ones I did back in the 70's at most had just a speaker wire just chop that bad boy off and pull the door pins lift the door off. Our trucks are whole different story.

27 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I've done a few older trucks by supporting the door and doing them on the truck. The problem is the hinge has to be separated so you can change the bushings. So this is not a single man job being these trucks have electrical in thee doors. The ones I did back in the 70's at most had just a speaker wire just chop that bad boy off and pull the door pins lift the door off. Our trucks are whole different story.

Yep, old chevys are simple. Our trucks look like there is a through bolt from the kick panel area as well. 

27 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Yep, old chevys are simple. Our trucks look like there is a through bolt from the kick panel area as well. 

• Staff

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Too bad you not going to hang around long I could get so much done with 2 bodies on my truck. 

I might be able to stick around for Saturday.

10 hours ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Not so much the 12 pack for the kid lol!

Root beer for the kid.

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2018 at 11:45 PM, IBMobile said:

It's a Saturday, two man, one 12 pack job.  

Thats only 6 per. 

What about breaks?:wink:

I mean unforeseen circumstances can wipe out 6 in just adapting and overcoming planning stage. 

Gotta get rid of those weak buffalo.