• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

MoparMan's Hx35/40

Can someone link me a previous thread or tell me where I can get parts for MoparMan's hybrid turbo or where I can just buy the whole unit? Looking for a good upgrade. Performance upgrades I have are a BHAF, Smarty S03 (again, SORRY :lol:), DAP 7x.009 100hp VCO injectors. Also whats the difference between VCO and SAC? All I was told is to buy VCO for the best mileage between the two and I never really learned or understood the difference. Anything helps as always. Thanks!

36 minutes ago, Texas CTD said:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=SAC+vs+VCO

:whistle: Yeah, I had to do it.

What does it mean by erosion though? Erosion where? On the tip??? This is what I don't understand and I was more wondering about performance and economy which is better

35 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

The only reason I did the HX35/40 is because I wanted to keep my exhaust brake. If I didn't have the exhaust brake I would of jumped for a 62/68/12 most likely.

Here is the VCO vs SAC...

Image result for sac vs vco

So would it be a good idea to do the hybrid with the 62/68/12 with my setup? I was thinking about going with a Borg Warner but they're  expensive lol. I'm also worried now if I picked the right Injector tip for mileage.

Edited by TheGreatWhite

• Owner
8 hours ago, TheGreatWhite said:

Erosion where?

Between the pintle needle and the nozzle.

VCO is what your stock injectors. I'm also running VCO 7 x 0.0085 DAP injectors. 

8 hours ago, TheGreatWhite said:

So would it be a good idea to do the hybrid with the 62/68/12 with my setup?

Stock HX35W is 54/60/12, Hybrid 35/40 is going to be only 60/60/12.

Since you don't have an exhaust brake you can go anywhere. I've got to stay with the hybrid just so I'm not buying another $1,200 exhaust brake.

GW,

All fluids (and many gasses) in motion cause erosion over time.  High pressure "fluids" cause erosion faster.  So the fact that the diesel is injected at (IIRC the VE is 15,000 PSi) a high pressure, the friction on the walls begins to "tear" "eat" "wear" metal away.  This mainly starts at the corners of the restrictive holes, but also begins to wear the holes themselves. (cavitation is the initiator basically.)

Just think of the grand canyon.  That was low pressure erosion.  (just lots of time...)

Here is a great description of what injector designers have to go through and look at.  He shows the areas he is worried about for erosion at 10:30 or so time.   (i think i caught the right start time.  If you are interested watch from beginning.)

Edited by Haggar

8 minutes ago, Haggar said:

GW,

All fluids (and many gasses) in motion cause erosion over time.  High pressure "fluids" cause erosion faster.  So the fact that the diesel is injected at (IIRC the VE is 15,000 PSi) a high pressure, the friction on the walls begins to "tear" "eat" "wear" metal away.  This mainly starts at the corners of the restrictive holes, but also begins to wear the holes themselves. (cavitation is the initiator basically.)

Just think of the grand canyon.  That was low pressure erosion.  (just lots of time...)

Here is a great description of what injector designers have to go through and look at.  He shows the areas he is worried about for erosion at 10:30 or so time.   (i think i caught the right start time.  If you are interested watch from beginning.)

Yeah I'll definitely watch that. That's man!

14 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Between the pintle needle and the nozzle.

VCO is what your stock injectors. I'm also running VCO 7 x 0.0085 DAP injectors. 

Stock HX35W is 54/60/12, Hybrid 35/40 is going to be only 60/60/12.

Since you don't have an exhaust brake you can go anywhere. I've got to stay with the hybrid just so I'm not buying another $1,200 exhaust brake.

Oh ok I gotcha now I'm following. Probably best to stay with my setup now