• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

I have been for over 25 years no issues. Matter of fact I'm gearing up for doing A/C work all summer. I've got my first customer today and getting ready to haul to Riggins, ID. There is a few things I ran into NAPA wise I will not purchase. So be smart price check things. 

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/CRB22355 - Fuel shut off solenoid 12V for $432.00 (I can buy 4 of these from Gould Gear!)

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/CRB230223 - VP44 injection pump $1839.00 (I can buy a Dragon Fire for that much!)

I priced out brakes job for wives CRV.  As I like Napa brakes.  With the bucket thing ... price was $74.00 less than another NAPA store.  And NAPA on-line had a $50.00 deal on brakes (unsure if you could get both Bucket deal and re-bate, lots of fine print).  If you have a good NAPA store, I'm envious.  I have to look stuff up my self if not a common part. Example,I have about an hour into looking up the plastic fitting that goes to return line to top of fuel basket. It seems if a part hard to find if it's not a high dollar item part stores near me could care less and just say "not available"  But NAPA online has tons of stuff that are not in the store. 

Price of stuff...I was trying to find a part store that has no time limit for returning core, I wanted to buy a spare VP44 and keep under seat.   A  VP 44 at O'Reillys auto parts. is $3,098.99 plus $579.00 core charge.  After 10 percent tax it would be $4045.79 out the door for me. 

:)Maybe I should buy two and have a spare for the spare.  I'll probably need the spare for spare, never heard of Cardone Remanufactured.:)

Remanufactured

Cardone Remanufactured Electric Fuel Injection Pump

Part #
2H301
Line:
A1

(0)
Write a review
$3,098.99 Each Plus Core: $579.00

Edited by 015point9
  • Sad 1

• Owner
35 minutes ago, 015point9 said:

A  VP 44 at O'Reillys auto parts. is $3,098.99 plus $579.00 core charge.  After 10 percent tax it would be $4045.79 out the door for me. 

34 minutes ago, 015point9 said:

Maybe I should buy two and have a spare for the spare.

You would be better off buying another truck. :cookoo:

• Haha 1

Napa isnt anything special around here. One napa is OK and they have alot of self goodies and tools , the second Napa next town north closer to me sucks , because of the people working there are liars and Idiots.

They lie on the phone about a part being in stock and then you drive all the way there to buy and pick it up and they dont have the part.

Edited by GSP7
  • Like 1

• Staff

In north San Diego County there are 5 Napa stores owned by the same person.  If you need a part they can get it usually the same day but their prices are higher on most things than anyone else and the quality is about the same.

There are a lot of wholesale and commercial part suppliers here I'd rather deal with. 

• Staff
1 hour ago, IBMobile said:

There are a lot of wholesale and commercial part suppliers here I'd rather deal with. 

I have found this also, if you can find out who is the tough part since the parts stores are usually quiet about who they buy from. Sometimes the manufacturer can tell you. Sometimes the wholesale distributer is under contract not to sell to outsiders etc., but occasionally I have gotten lucky.