• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Auxiliary power outlet malfunction

So my aux port  that's always hot without key on just below cigarette lighter outlet is only working with one device plugged in, if I plug something else in it starts to turn on an off. I checked the fuse under hood and found the one marked for aux 20amp, pulled it out and looks like it's been getting hot. So I put a new fuse in still does same thing. Something is getting hot and acting as a on off switch. Here is a fuse I pulled out. 20180427_153756.jpg.9ee4d09bec95d94aca7e8fa5ee5c80cd.jpg

Any ideas, I'm thinking maybe something under dash is rubbing, on first glance I didn't see anything wrong. 

26 minutes ago, dripley said:

I had trouble with mine a while back blowing fuses. I ended up replacing the plug and it has worked fine ever since. The bottom of the plug was rusted pretty good. 

wonder if there is an auto reset fuse somewhere in the line. would be nice if you could put an ampmeter on the line and see what the actuall  ampredge draw is.

5 minutes ago, Ed ke6bnl said:

wonder if there is an auto reset fuse somewhere in the line. would be nice if you could put an ampmeter on the line and see what the actuall  ampredge draw is.

Mine started blowing with or with out things plugged into. Pretty sure my socket went bad. 

• Like 1