• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New 7x.011’s now a stumble

I just installed some DFI 7x.011’s and a 62/68/12 to go with my Quad v2.0.  Now, any tps input below ~7 results in a stumble of sorts.  Like driving about 20mph in 2nd gear (auto) it’ll surge on and off.  TPS and canbus are not fluctuating at this time.  Also, has a Timbo apps in it.  

Im wondering if it’s a result of the large injectors not popping correctly with the low tps input.  Anything over about 7 tps and she runs like a dream.  No codes.  Any ideas?

• Owner
27 minutes ago, Mr. Bojangles said:

Just did that when I did the turbo/injectors so I may have done it wrong.  Thank you, I’ll let her sit overnight and recheck tomorrow morning.  

I learned the hard way. I got my first set of DAP 7 x 0.0085 SAC injectors but every time the engine got hot the lope would start. It so bad at the end that the truck wouldn't idle. After playing with injectors and swapping out a bunch of times I re-did the valve lash and found that in my hurry I over tightened a few creating this issue. As the valve got hot the lash gap would disappear. Make sure to double check the lash after torquing you jam nuts.

Now I don't know automatics super well, but in lines 39-48, your transmission slip is bouncing from 100% down to 19% then back up to 92%.  Seems like a wide swing to me.  What is your starting percentage for your fuel curve?

43 minutes ago, trreed said:

Now I don't know automatics super well, but in lines 39-48, your transmission slip is bouncing from 100% down to 19% then back up to 92%.  Seems like a wide swing to me.  What is your starting percentage for your fuel curve?

I’ve got it starting at 80, and it holds 80 till about 4 psi.  I was moving it all around trying to get this stumble to go away.  I’ve had it as low as 70 to eliminate smoke at off idle large throttle input.  At 80 smoke isn’t bad at all though.  Just a little bit.

46 minutes ago, trreed said:

Also, this thing doesn’t even know what gear I’m in so I don’t know how accurate the slip rating can be.

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

I'd update your box to the latest v2 from the downloads section.  If this only happens in the 1000 rpm area you might be jumping between the quad and ecm.

Yeah, no idea how to do that.  I have a build date of Aug 30, 2017 and am running 2.7.  

If it involves computers, all I have is Mac.  

29 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

what rpm does it happen at?  

Based on the data log, between 700-900.  Does happen around 1000 also.  

Also, went to town and filled the tank, did some shopping.  When I got back into my neighborhood, I couldn’t make it do it.  Same conditions as the data log.  2nd gear, ~12-13mph, 4-6% tps.  

Edited by Mr. Bojangles

• Owner
2 hours ago, Mr. Bojangles said:

If it involves computers, all I have is Mac.

Don't sweat it all I've got is Linux. 

What you need to do is download a copy of VirtualBox and then set up a copy of Windows on a virtual machine. Then you can flash the update to the Quadzilla. I use the same setup myself to update my Quadzilla. I don't own a Windows computer at all.

https://www.virtualbox.org/

Take notice my Ubuntu 16.04 is the main OS system. Then running Windows 7 in a box.

desktop.png

Tidbit... Smarty Touch or Smarty UDC can't run on VirtualBox and must be ran on a true Windows PC. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man