• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hello from Texas

GTC_Mopars

Hello all. Just joined the forum and am looking forward to making some friends. I have known about the forum for a long time but just recently bought my 99 Ram 2500. I’ve been a Diesel and a Mopar guy for as long as I can remember and even have a Bachelors degree in Diesel and Heavy Equipment. I’m also fortunate to have a career in an industry I’m passionate about. I live in Arlington but work everywhere from here west to Fort Stockton and north to the Red River.

I was intending on keeping the truck stock and just cleaning it up, however I spent the weekend at a NHRDA event and got the bug. A good friend and colleague of mine had been trying to convince me to build it since before I bought it. He is about to open a diesel performance shop and we are going to build the truck to be advertisement of the work that he and his business partner can do. We are already building a milder version of the transmission he built for his 1,200 hp common rail daily driver. The horesepower goal for mine is a smokeless 450-500 about 1000+ ftlbs. Plan is a pair of Smeding Diesel turbos, large injectors, head studs, Quadzilla Adrenaline, bigger CAC, etc. It isn’t a daily driver but I do want it to be reliable enough to drive halfway across the country and not worry about something failing. My vision for the appearance truck is how would Chrysler (FCA) build it today. So after I am “done” with the performance build the truck is getting some body work done and I’m going to redo the interior. I’d like to have the performance build done in the next 6-12 months and the total build “finished” in the next 18 months. This is probably too much for an introduction but I’m excited to have a truck I’ve wanted since I was a kid and have the ability and support to build it into something hopefully unique. 

• Staff

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully your build goes smooth. Check the articles for fixing ground issues in the 2nd gen wire harness. Interesting mod for added reliability.  Articles section is very educational for upping the reliability score of your truck in general.

BTW, are you using 2 stoke oil in ea. tank of fuel? You have to do that or you get your head chopped off around here. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully your build goes smooth. Check the articles for fixing ground issues in the 2nd gen wire harness. Interesting mod for added reliability.  Articles section is very educational for upping the reliability score of your truck in general.

BTW, are you using 2 stoke oil in ea. tank of fuel? You have to do that or you get your head chopped off around here. lol

Thank you! I’ll look into it those tonight after work. 

I do not run 2 stroke. I’ve seen it cause aeration in the above mentioned common rail. His however has twin CP3s, soon to be triple, and a very high flow lift pump so that may have been why it aerated with 2 stroke. 

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

You'll want to talk to @jlbayes he's one of the power gurus here.

Thank you Mopar Man, will do. 

• Owner
4 minutes ago, GTC_Mopars said:

I do not run 2 stroke. I’ve seen it cause aeration in the above mentioned common rail.

Where did this come from? Never heard of such.

5 minutes ago, GTC_Mopars said:

His however has twin CP3s, soon to be triple, and a very high flow lift pump so that may have been why it aerated with 2 stroke.

Different story and usage. For most common joes like ourselves, 2 cycle oil doesn't have any negative effects. I've pushed 243k miles out a VP44 injection pump from using 2 cycle oil. Of course proper ratio for the application. 24V VP44 can run 128:1 ratio. CR Stock trucks need to be down to 200:1 ratio. With 3 CP3 pumps that is an entirely different story.  

• Like 1

Thank you I’ll keep that in mind once we start the build. Right now all we have done is talk and start on the transmission. I’ll probably still use Smeding as they sponsored his build and I have a feeling will assist with mine. 

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...