• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

disarming the alarm

Is there a way to shut the alarm off until I figure out why it continually is going off?  I think I have a door lock issue and it goes off EVERY time I open the door.  would be nice if it were just on a fuse, though I could see that being very pointless once a thief figures out where that fuse is :mad:

The alarm is part of the central timer under the dash.

This is partially correct,  but once the alarm is enable the PCM will prevent engine running for more than 3 seconds, later on it will not start at all.

Edit:

I should also point out, I am not completely sure if it's the ECM or PCM involved in alarm no start functionality on cummins truck.

Edited by Chris O.
  • Thanks 1

Instrument cluster not involved in security/anti-theft.

The CTM provides the (PCM or ECM) with an "OK To Start" message via the CCD bus.

Option is sitting in a CTM and it could be evoke only from there. There is not such option in PCM but the PCM or ECM will acquire this no start functionality option once and forever the second it sees VTSS message from CTM on communication network (CCD bus).

VTSS system has nothing to do with SKIM or SKREEM and not VIN related.

• Confused 1

No, when you can disconnect the pcm from the system and the truck will start the ecm has no part in the security feature. Cluster will learn the security feature as well as the pcm. Ran into this problem often enough at work.

Scratch that. I'm thinking pci bus clusters. Not the ccd bus. Rest is correct however.

On 5/9/2018 at 9:48 AM, jlbayes said:

Scratch that. I'm thinking pci bus clusters. Not the ccd bus.

PCI Bus = SKIM - (Sentry Key Immobilizer module) around the ignition switch assembly.

Clarification: the key is a transciever and transmit key authentication to SKIM module, 2nd gen dodge ram doesn't have it