• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Alternator rebuild kit

Started the other day and it's been squeaking a bit, I'm assuming the bearings are going out and I'm don't want to pay $100+ for a parts store special. 

Are the rebuild kits from genos garage good? And how do I tell if I have the denso or Bosch brand alternator? 

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

We sell the Denso alternator diodes... This will give you a clue. Bosch diodes are soldered in.

diodes.JPG.75934d4fd5a872402af434fba5540

I didnt know that, But that helps! I'll be looking closer at mine when I get home from town to find out which I have. 

On 5/5/2018 at 5:53 PM, Nekkedbob said:

For rebuilding try this place. I don't know them but it looks interesting.

http://rebuilderinabox.com/

Actually ended up ordering the hi-amp rebuild kit from them, I'll build and leave feedback on the post. 

On 5/5/2018 at 8:20 PM, IBMobile said:

This may help

Looks like a 30 mins job max, awesome. 

• 2 weeks later...

So just wanted to give an update, I did order a kit from http://rebuilderinabox.com/ for the denso and put it on Thursday, when I got out of work Friday I drove 20hrs non stop to San Diego and the alternator hasn't made a sound or had any charging issues. 

Glad I did the bearings, the ones I pulled out where on there last leg. 

Edited by Towrigdually
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

I performed the ground and positive cable mod on my Cummins and it didn't make a difference in my new torque converter lock/unlock issue. My alternator is putting out too much noise and I want to replace it before it burns up my billet torque converter and anything else electronic.

Can someone post the part number for the Denso diode kit, and the hi amp alternator upgrade? I was looking on their site for my 99 Cummins alternator, but then the one page said no kit and no price.

Thanks!

• Owner
12 minutes ago, 99_Cummins_4x4 said:

What's everyone's thoughts on installing the high amp upgrade on our alternators when we install the new diode kit?

One or the other... Can't do both. If you update to high amp alternator you cannot use our diode kit. Diode kit only fits the stock Denso alternators. Bosch alternator has solder in diodes. 

There is a few members here that opted for high amp alternators to hopefully get away from the issues. Unknown if it has resolved the AC noise issue for most are just getting started in mileage and time.