• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ATS Co-pilot or Firepunk Anteater?

Good Evening,

I am wondering if anyone can tell me how they like the ATS copilot on there truck and how you basically use it towing? ATS website doesn't really go in depth about it.  The 3500 in question I am thinking of adding the copilot to has a recently built Suncoast transmission with billet input, flexplate and Dynamic transmissions hauling valve body. Trying to see if it is actually worth getting and trying it for my company for towing purposes.

I also ran into some posts on Firepunk Anteater. Does anyone have any input or have one that can share some input on it?

Thanks for your time,

Steve 

Edited by mopar440cu

• 2 months later...

I have the Co-Pilot on my 01' and I like it. It basically allows you to change the shift point to a desired speed. For example, I pull a 22Ft. enclosed snowmobile trailer up windy mountain dirt roads in the winter. Instead of selecting 4 LO I can change the shift point to a lower speed so the transmission will lock up sooner and thereby reduce the heat in the transmission from the torque converter doing it's thing. I had my tranny done by the foremost guru with a stage 3 build. Billet torque converter, billet input shaft, ( check my posts for who and what was done). So I can now lock it up in all 4 gears, not just 3ed and 4th. Also handy when going down hill pulling the trailer using the exhaust brake to be able to keep it locked at the speed you choose instead of free wheeling. And unlike the poor man's lookup switch I had before, it will automatically disengage so tou don't forget and come chunking to a stop like you forgot to depress the clutch in a standard tranny.