• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So this is what is going on 2001 banks exhaust, hi ram,Quadzilla xzt, RV 275 injectors brand new Bosch, fass 95 big line,.

Had code1693 never found out what it was it was getting a little slow to start sometime had dead pedal sometimes and stalled sometimes. Replaced vp44 industrial injection so.

Starts great but seems to idle a little rough little. Today I had dead pedal. Oh and 1693 code is gone now fuel pressure is always 17,18.

Seems a little down on power would it still run if I jumped a tooth on the new vp?

So this is what is going on 2001 banks exhaust, hi ram,Quadzilla xzt, RV 275 injectors brand new Bosch, fass 95 big line,.

Had code1693 never found out what it was it was getting a little slow to start sometime had dead pedal sometimes and stalled sometimes. Replaced vp44 industrial injection so.

Starts great but seems to idle a little rough little. Today I had dead pedal. Oh and 1693 code is gone now fuel pressure is always 17,18.

Seems a little down on power would it still run if I jumped a tooth on the new vp?

• Owner
1 minute ago, Standard Cab01 said:

Had code1693 never found out what it was it

Use a different code reader you can't have P1693 code without a second error code. If your using the key trick typically the 2001 only reports the PCM only. Hence why you are seeing only a P1693 code. 

2 minutes ago, Standard Cab01 said:

getting a little slow to start sometime

This could be charging system issues, battery terminals/cable issues or starter with bad contacts or armature brushes. If its fuel related it could be air bubble or loss of prime. 

3 minutes ago, Standard Cab01 said:

had dead pedal sometimes

Dead pedal can be only two reasons typically bad APPS sensor (typically always a error code with it) or a failing VP44 (which may or may not have an error code).

5 minutes ago, Standard Cab01 said:

stalled sometimes.

I would have to refer back to the error codes and what is present. 

6 minutes ago, Standard Cab01 said:

Not really possible to skip a tooth on the gear. The only way that can happen is pull the front cover off and pull the gear out and turn in and replace the gear. It can't be lifted enough to spin the gear the lost time I checked. As for the pump did you line pu the key in the keyway and check the keyway with a mirror before you tighten the shaft nut? I've seen people crush the key in the gear and create a timing offset. 

• Thanks 1

• Owner

I did the key trick and now there's no codes anymore,

I would still use an OBDII reader and see if the code is still there on the ECM side.

What about tps?

Typically if the APPS is going bad or out of range there would be P0121, P0122 or P0123 code. You can monitor the TPS signal with a live data tool and see if the signal it smooth or dropping out suddenly. 

5 minutes ago, Standard Cab01 said:

Cleaned terminals.

Might test for AC noise issues from the alternator. Excessive AC noise does weird things. 

• Thanks 1

• Owner
7 minutes ago, dripley said:

TPS=throttle positioning sensor

APPS=accelerator pedel positioning sensor

TPS/APPS=the same thing.

Yeah and no.

TPS is just a 3 pin sensor.

APPS is a 6 pin sensor with idle validation switch. Things are handled a bit different from just a TPS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They seem to be interchangible terms around here unless there is one n my truck

I don't know about.

9 minutes ago, Standard Cab01 said:

Thanks...my first diesel lol.

My first one too. Just had mine longer but still living and learning.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dripley said:

They seem to be interchangible terms around here unless there is one n my truck

I don't know about.

Depends on how technical a guy wants to get about it. In our instance, saying they're synonymous is inaccurate because our trucks don't have a throttle body, so we need a true accelerator pedal position sensor for the ecm to know how far you're pushing the skinny pedal. Versus a butterfly valve in a throttle body where that ecm needs to know what angle the butterfly is open. 

Most people use them interchangeably and move on. 

Edited by trreed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2