• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mine spins very slowly when it does it. I wont be long before it stops completely like yours. If I could get to it easily with out removing it from the truck I would adjust the clutch for now. But it looks like I would to take it off to adjust the gap. If I am that far into it I figure to just replace it all.

6 minutes ago, dripley said:

Mine spins very slowly when it does it. I wont be long before it stops completely like yours. If I could get to it easily with out removing it from the truck I would adjust the clutch for now. But it looks like I would to take it off to adjust the gap. If I am that far into it I figure to just replace it all.

I got a buddy up in Wisconsin who's selling me his for $50 since he doesn't need it on his #racetrok

15 minutes ago, TheGreatWhite said:

I got a buddy up in Wisconsin who's selling me his for $50 since he doesn't need it on his #racetrok

Be sure read @IBMobile article and posts above. You will have the system wide when swapping them. Makes a bigger job out of it but worth it. 

Here is everything including a new compressor for less the $200. 

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3934884&cc=1440064&jsn=451&jsn=451&jsn=451

I am leaning towards this one more so than the first. Costs a little more plus you would need the o rings and seals. they have them also and still think you are under 2 bills. Shipping is another 25 bucks.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=5245524&cc=1440064&jsn=455

And if you go for the used compressor i think the other parts are less than $50.

17 minutes ago, dripley said:

Here is everything including a new compressor for less the $200. 

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3934884&cc=1440064&jsn=451&jsn=451&jsn=451

I am leaning towards this one more so than the first. Costs a little more plus you would need the o rings and seals. they have them also and still think you are under 2 bills. Shipping is another 25 bucks.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=5245524&cc=1440064&jsn=455

And if you go for the used compressor i think the other parts are less than $50.

Just got done driving my truck and the clutch has completed quit now, takes a bit to even feel cold air. Around 5-10 minutes

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:45 PM, dripley said:

Guess I am headed in the right direction then. Lot of unkowns in whats available. OE is $500 down to kits for $155. Not finding alot of reliable info on the lessor ones. Anyone have any experience with the after market ones?

One year ago I purchased a Denso compressor (same as OEM ) from Amazon for $203.00 with free shipping.  The original compressor was still working fine at 270,000 miles, but the shaft seal was leaking refrigerant, so I was having to recharge frequently.  Since the first compressor, a Denso, was so reliable, I went with another new one.

- John

26 minutes ago, Tractorman said:

One year ago I purchased a Denso compressor (same as OEM ) from Amazon for $203.00 with free shipping.  The original compressor was still working fine at 270,000 miles, but the shaft seal was leaking refrigerant, so I was having to recharge frequently.  Since the first compressor, a Denso, was so reliable, I went with another new one.

- John

Rock Auto has a Denso too. A lot cheaper, $123,  than the one you got, no telling where any of them are made from the research I did. Makes choosing fun. I do appreciate the input.

Well I have been looking since I started this thread and have come to the conclusion that there is no straight answers to what you will get when ordering a new. I went to Denso and their recommended suppliers cover a wide price range. Rock Auto $125 to AA and AZ at $300+ for the same part #. Sanden with similar results. Makes me wonder where the Mopar places are getting theirs at $500 or so. Even the drier on RA is over a $110. So I am going to close my eyes and roll the dice.

• Owner

I've given up, on the whole, trying to keep factory or Cummins only parts typically this turns out to be the most expensive solution and doesn't promise that it will give the same lifespan as the replacement. Kind of like @Me78569 doing Spicer ball joint to resolve a ball joint issue and they didn't last. Kind of like most chase the brand name Moog ball joints and don't last. I just picked up the cheapest ball joints AC Delco and still going. Chasing brand names for quality doesn't mean you'll get it.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1