• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Glow shift 3 pillar mount

Does anyone have any experience with the Glow shift 3 gauge mount, below. I am purchasing the ISSPRO EV2 gauges, the autometer mount is $80 on diesel manor, the glowshift mount is $40.

Below is what I am looking at

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/98-02-DODGE-RAM-5-9L-24v-DIESEL-GRAY-TRIPLE-GAUGE-PILLAR-POD-fits-CUMMINS/292037961141?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

1 minute ago, dripley said:

I used a glow shift 2 gauge mount for a good while in mine until i got a third gauge. Cant remeber where the 3 gauge pod came from. Had no issues at all with the 2 gauge.

Thanks. I was just making sure before buying it. 1/2 the price is hard to pass up.

1 hour ago, trreed said:

It works well.  Holds the gauges tightly, and seems to be holding up well for me

Are you running the ISSPRO EV2 gauges? It lists as a 2 1/16" gauge size, glad to hear they are a snug fit.

Edit, I see you are running the Autometer 4th gen gauges.

Edited by Red Rambler

The ISSPROs should have a little piece on the back of them so you can snug them up into the pods so they'll stay snug and not rattle around. All 3 in my pillar worked that way, the gauge on my steering column did not, but it hasn't been an issue. 

• Thanks 1

Do you know if these are required, or do the gauges fit snug enough without? i dont know if the ISSPRO gauges include this piece always, or if its required to buy the below piece seperately.

R19999-lg.jpg

Edited by Red Rambler

Every ISSPRO gauge I've had came with someething similar to that, except rounded and contoured to the gauge. It probably wasn't neccesarry but I put them on to make sure they wouldn't move. All depends on how snug the gauges actually fit in the pillar. 

• Thanks 1

I wasn't real impressed with the glowshift 3 gauge mount but for the price oh well.

It's mounting was crude, once mounted there is a big gap on the right that you can see the wiring from outside the truck, and my EV2 gauges fit loose. 

I put a piece of adhesive foam on the mount to help cover the gap. Not the best but it works. 

I put 1/2 wrap of electrical tape around the gauge to snug up the fit. 

Edited by Ben
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ben said:

I wasn't real impressed with the glowshift 3 gauge mount but for the price oh well.

It's mounting was crude, once mounted there is a big gap on the right that you can see the wiring from outside the truck, and my EV2 gauges fit loose. 

I put a piece of adhesive foam on the mount to help cover the gap. Not the best but it works. 

I put 1/2 wrap of electrical tape around the gauge to snug up the fit. 

Thanks Ben, I ordered it so we shall find out. That is a good idea to snug up the fit, use wraps of electrical tape.