• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

oil pressure gauge

I want to check out oil pressure on a 01 Dodge 3500 because the stock gauge is erratic in the cab. It works good then drops, then works again on and off. I want to check it manually. I know that there is a 1/8x27 npt port on the oil filter housing I can tap into, but can I use a regular oil gauge I have here in the shop for testing purposes with the crappy plastic tubing just to check it? Its not going to be permanent of course. I think the gauge inside is shot, but just checking.

Thanks,

Steve

I have gone through 2 sending units for the oil pressure gauge stock one in the dash.  There has been some changes for the one in my 1998.5 and I did not get the new one that is not a direct bolt in and found the original one NOT from Dodge which is very expensive. Once I found the part number is was not too expensive off Amazone $26 this one worked for me

Track package

The sensors are different in 02's and maybe the 01's also. Mine is just switch and the pressure is determined by the ECM reading info from the ECT SENSOR and maybe one more sensor. @Mopar1973Man and some others here have posted about and know more than I about. I would check before I buy one that says it fits all 2nd gens.