• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Alright I’ve got a 1999 24v. Transmission stopped locking the torque converter in overdrive. Drove it for a month like that due to bad timing. Parked it for 2 weeks, drove it fifteen minutes and ran normal except for torque converter issue. Parked it again for a week and drove it to transmission guy and he hooked his scanner up. (My check engine light isn’t on at this time) pulled code P0606 (ecm no communication) truck will still start. Batteries will not charge. Have to jump it every time. Will not shift out of first or second. I’ve replaced pcm, ecm, battery cables, and replaced and cleaned all grounds (engine light is still not on). Still having the same “limp mode” issue. Have not put a scanner back on it yet. Any thoughts on other areas I should check next? 

Thanks in advance.

has fass150, edge comp, 150hp injectors, intake, exhaust. 

I replaced the batteries a year ago. The truck was sitting for 2 weeks and it didn’t start. So I tested the alternator and it had a bad diode so I replaced it, drove it home and it didn’t have any issues. But once I parked it again it started having all these issues and I had the p0606. 

Ok so I got the scanner back on it. P0606 is gone, now I have an apps sensor does not agree with idle, (I didn’t do the apps setting procedure when ecm was changed, I’ve got the negative cables off now waiting for 30 minutes, then I’ll set it.) I also got p0366 crankshaft position sensor. I put a new one on back in February because the original one went bad. The one I put in was a Cummins one from Geno’s garage. 

D86FAE76-5652-4806-AE6A-1AA0BAFCA17D.jpeg