• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

3rd Gen Steering gearbox

I don't believe the 3rd gen steering box will fit the 2nd gen. Several years ago, Opieparts was making an adapter to put the 3rd gen box on a 2nd gen. Last time I looked, I couldn't find the adapter on his site.

• Thanks 1

• Owner

Being a 3rd Gen box is a Ford Steering box and 2nd Gen is a Sagnaw box I really doubt it. Not to mention the fluid requirements for the 3rd gen is ATF and 2nd Gen is Power steering fluid. You can't cross them with the wrong fluid. You would have to convert everything over to 3rd Gen (Pump, Hydro booster and Steering box) to resolve the fluid issue. 

Personally not worth it. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Being a 3rd Gen box is a Ford Steering box and 2nd Gen is a Sagnaw box I really doubt it. Not to mention the fluid requirements for the 3rd gen is ATF and 2nd Gen is Power steering fluid. You can't cross them with the wrong fluid. You would have to convert everything over to 3rd Gen (Pump, Hydro booster and Steering box) to resolve the fluid issue. 

Personally not worth it. 

:doh:I didnt even think of that! Thanks for reminding me!!:thumb1: