• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So I did a boost leak test and I get all the air back. Won’t past thru the engine. Took the turbo out and everything is fine. The trucks runs fine and starts without problems. No power or boost. Is fairly stock truck already change map sensor v44 and the injection pump. I’m checking the boost thru adrenaline  quadzilla please help

First welcome to forum. We will do our best to help you. If could go back to your profile and fill out your signature with your truck info with any mods you know of.it would help.

Have you checked for trouble codes? If not you need to. That will give you and us a starting point. Most auto parts places can do that for you and some will loan you one for a refundable deposit. 

A boost leak test should not pass thru to the engine. It has to hold pressure for you to find the leaks. In a "perfect" world it should hold around 20 psi on stock truck.

You also say you have replaced the VP44 and the injection pump. They are one in the same. I assume you meant the VP and the lift pump. 

Edited by dripley

Yeah but doesn’t it has to pass thru the engine and exit thru the exhaust? Sorry I’m new to Diesel engines I thought it would be like gas engines 

I’m also not getting any codes so still doesn’t explain why no boost. Plus I already disconnected quadzilla and same problem 

• Owner

Impossible. The engine would have to turn to get the valves to open and close to allow flow to the tail pipe. Typically we cap the turbo off add pressure and look for intake plumbing leaks. Anywhere the air can go you check for leaks. From the mouth of the turbo follow the tubing and check every joint. then to the intake on the engine checking gaskets and even o-rings of the 2 sensors (IAT and MAP sensors).

Pushing air thru the turbo with an air compressor and an adapter . With everything off to hear. 

Ok so I will put everything back I took the turbo out thinking it was bad but it spin freely and no shaft play at all. And no cell codes 

I’m also not getting any smoke thru the exhaust 

10 minutes ago, BBHD said:

Some amount of air will move out any exhaust/intake valves that are open at all unless you loosen all the valves so they are closed. 

If an intake valve is open the air should trap in the cylinder. The only way to get to an open exhaust valve is if an intake valve is open which would be bigger problem. Now that's is on a stock engine in pristine shape. Mines has 442k on it and probably seeps some where but for the sake of a boost leak test should not matter.

• Like 1

My theory was that not all the valve can be close so the air should be able to exit thru exhaust valves is how it work on my turbo car. But like i said I don’t know **** about Diesel engines. Also it just started when my injection pump went bad and fuel pressure is around 19 on idle and drops when driving 

The valve train in a gas or diesel engine both operate in the same manner. It is possible to loose some pressure with worn valves and piston rings but that is a wear issue and not a design issue. Since your not loosing boost pressure on your test, boost does not sound like your issue. 

If it cranks and idles fine but you have no boost or power this could be fuel related. Low fuel=Low power=low boost. Though all of this with no DTC's of any kind leaves to a lot guessing. I just went thru something similar with mine but had a code to work with and have a scan gauge II on the truck so I could see what was happening while driving. On mine the MAP sensor signal to the ECM was dropping out causing a defueling of the engine. I could accelerate but with greatly diminished power and boost. My issue is in the wiring and not MAP sensor.

Are able to monitor engine functions with the Adrenaline while driving?