• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New, to me, chainsaw!!

AH64ID

great saw!!! sadly mine was stolen a few year ago.

i still have a 026, 360, 066. 088, 

my favorite is still the 360, power to weight with a 20" 325 bar is about as perfect as it gets for me. 

nice find for sure!!! 

• Staff

I hate people! I don’t understand why so many are bad. It’s so easy to be a good person. 

066 and 088 are big! 

This one has a 25 inch bar, but if I bought new I think I would’ve got the 20 inch. I’ll likely mod the muffler and see how it goes. Everything out here is soft wood anyhow.

You can’t beat the quality of a stihl that’s for sure. I purchased my 039 new in 1997 and average about 6 to 8 cords a year on it, 20” bar and 64 cc displacement I believe, other than general maintenance it’s never had a failure.

I just inherited a 038 from a deceased realative that passed in 1995 and saw been sitting on shelf since. I took it to my local stihl dealer ( he is a one man operation ) and had him check it out before running, other than a dry rotted fuel line and a carb cleaning it fired right up. He also checked his records and he sold it to my brother in law back in 1984. needles to say I will be keeping this one around for it’s sentimental value and who knows maybe give it to my son when he matures.. like when he turns 30 or 40 :lol3:

The only upgrades I have done is replace the sprockets with the new style rim sprockets they out last the old sprockets 10 to 1,  a very worthwhile upgrade if yours don’t already have one. 

I also got my eye on a ms271 , thinking of getting this with a 16 inch bar just for delimbing and cutting scub oak, the bigger saws are becoming a bit to heavy for the smaller stuff and I know my back will appreciate it.

Edited by 01cummins4ever

• Owner

I'm running twins. My 20-year-old Stihl 046 and then my rather new Stihl 462. Basically the same saw just age difference the newer saw is supposed to be the same size as the 046 but with all the EPA design into the engine, it's not quite the same power. Stihl, in all, it spins that chain and cuts logs into firewood just the same.

• Staff
5 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

4 years ago. From that shop. I've also bought a Stihl Weed wacker and my Raptor Zero Turn lawn mower from them as well.

It’s a 462 or a 461?

Just found release info on the 462. It’s due for US release in June of this year. 

http://proarbmagazine.com/stihl-set-launch-lightest-high-performance-forestry-saw/

Edited by AH64ID

Awesome!!!!

Saws are as bad as firearms when it comes to explaining the herd.  Lol

One is none, two is one, and More is better.  

My goto saw out of the fleet.   Non stock 394 with 32” bar.   I love this saw.   Balances beautifully 

5335F828-AEA7-40C2-9AB4-38D17C7B89FA.jpeg.c32f6f51f6a83b2ed077fccd8aea69cd.jpeg

Rest of the fleet are 2 very non stock Dolmar 7900’s and a 510 Dolmar that is a little work horse. 

Have fun with the new saw!!!!

• Haha 1

• Staff
1 hour ago, Ben said:

Saws are as bad as firearms when it comes to explaining the herd.  Lol

One is none, two is one, and More is better.  

Hahahahaha!!!

I’ve never heard that analogy, but I love it!!!!!

• Like 1