• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

AH64ID

New, to me, chainsaw!!

great saw!!! sadly mine was stolen a few year ago.

i still have a 026, 360, 066. 088, 

my favorite is still the 360, power to weight with a 20" 325 bar is about as perfect as it gets for me. 

nice find for sure!!! 

I hate people! I don’t understand why so many are bad. It’s so easy to be a good person. 

066 and 088 are big! 

This one has a 25 inch bar, but if I bought new I think I would’ve got the 20 inch. I’ll likely mod the muffler and see how it goes. Everything out here is soft wood anyhow.

Posted (edited)

You can’t beat the quality of a stihl that’s for sure. I purchased my 039 new in 1997 and average about 6 to 8 cords a year on it, 20” bar and 64 cc displacement I believe, other than general maintenance it’s never had a failure.

I just inherited a 038 from a deceased realative that passed in 1995 and saw been sitting on shelf since. I took it to my local stihl dealer ( he is a one man operation ) and had him check it out before running, other than a dry rotted fuel line and a carb cleaning it fired right up. He also checked his records and he sold it to my brother in law back in 1984. needles to say I will be keeping this one around for it’s sentimental value and who knows maybe give it to my son when he matures.. like when he turns 30 or 40 :lol3:

The only upgrades I have done is replace the sprockets with the new style rim sprockets they out last the old sprockets 10 to 1,  a very worthwhile upgrade if yours don’t already have one. 

I also got my eye on a ms271 , thinking of getting this with a 16 inch bar just for delimbing and cutting scub oak, the bigger saws are becoming a bit to heavy for the smaller stuff and I know my back will appreciate it.

Edited by 01cummins4ever

gotta have a big saw for these old dead ones, i make tables from them. the 88 has a 59" bar with handle. full skip chain. it's beast for sure. 

1493580325_9-2-17122.JPG.1ee06280a13ff77e66443f1173055a56.JPG

this one is over 8 foot across. 437285478_9-2-17015.JPG.c34326732ab64412b1d19a5838b6747e.JPG

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Pictures would be nice if you have any.

Edited by dripley

I'm running twins. My 20-year-old Stihl 046 and then my rather new Stihl 462. Basically the same saw just age difference the newer saw is supposed to be the same size as the 046 but with all the EPA design into the engine, it's not quite the same power. Stihl, in all, it spins that chain and cuts logs into firewood just the same.

I’d love to see pics of the tables too! I’m planning to make a table top for a cabana, whenever we get around to it. 

@Mopar1973Man did you get the 462 locally? I can only find it on the international site. It seems like one heck of a saw thou!

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

4 years ago. From that shop. I've also bought a Stihl Weed wacker and my Raptor Zero Turn lawn mower from them as well.

It’s a 462 or a 461?

Just found release info on the 462. It’s due for US release in June of this year. 

http://proarbmagazine.com/stihl-set-launch-lightest-high-performance-forestry-saw/

Edited by AH64ID

Awesome!!!!

Saws are as bad as firearms when it comes to explaining the herd.  Lol

One is none, two is one, and More is better.  

My goto saw out of the fleet.   Non stock 394 with 32” bar.   I love this saw.   Balances beautifully 

5335F828-AEA7-40C2-9AB4-38D17C7B89FA.jpeg.c32f6f51f6a83b2ed077fccd8aea69cd.jpeg

Rest of the fleet are 2 very non stock Dolmar 7900’s and a 510 Dolmar that is a little work horse. 

Have fun with the new saw!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Saws are as bad as firearms when it comes to explaining the herd.  Lol

One is none, two is one, and More is better.  

Hahahahaha!!!

I’ve never heard that analogy, but I love it!!!!!

• Like 1

I’ll dig through the computer when i get home, don’t have any on my mobile. 

I don't have any really good ones of the tables, for some odd reason. i switched from apple to linux and most of the pics are still on the macbook. here are a few, and i'll throw in some of the log houses i painted/stained if any one wants to see. 

DSCN0824.JPG.e5ebb38ffd25ae2d4d4b859078874a85.JPGDSCN0821.JPG.b1eb1c62afb35778ec613b53d5d5e7df.JPG

here its been filled with the clear casting agent, and sanded ready for lacquer. 

DSCN0820.JPG.9b020608d98d6ac242021504721859d6.JPGDSCN0819.JPG.c06eec1218de1639350d65215fbf965b.JPGDSCN0816.JPG.5b8009f5998f1beeb086791c92b312b4.JPG

this is what the voids looked like before filling with the clear casting agent. DSCN0814.JPG.90bee5db4d0563d0c1118c9a104e6490.JPGDSCN0813.JPG.aa9e4d6330d6c4aa0789655d49d920c9.JPG

you can kinda get an idea what it'll look like from this pic. 

i attached more pics but they are not showing up. maybe need another post for them... 

IMG_0657.jpg

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

DSCN0845.JPG

Most of these are in 7+ million dollar log homes. yes those are real good nuggets in that table. old man said table was worth over 200 grand in gold alone.  

IMG_0267.JPG

IMG_0268.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good looking wood work sir. I am jealous. I would love doing that for a living. I am a glorified baby sitter. It is a good and rewarding job but I sure would like to have to quit worrying about them and just take on myself for a change.

Thanks, i can do some ok work from time to time, it's more like you said baby sitting now though. i let my guys do most of the work. typing and seeing home owners is a full time job. 

Interesting that the topic of chainsaws has come up.  I just bought a Stihl MS271 (Farm Boss) with 20" bar two weeks ago.  Stihl has a sale going on and I needed to remove about a dozen 18-20 inch diameter trees on my place.  They were advertising $30 off this model and if you purchased a 6-pack on Stihl brand 2 cycle oil they would double your warranty. 

I have an Echo  CS3400 that I have used for years to trim trees and take hunting to cut fire wood and remove downed trees on the road etc.  I have really liked the Echo because it is so compact (handle on top rather than out the back)  Arbor guys use this style when up in the trees because it is easier to handle. 

The Echo is too small and would take too much work to remove the trees I want to take down so you can see the reason why I needed a new Stihl, right?

The job of felling those trees was pretty short work with the Stihl.  I was impressed with the speed I could chew through those trees. 

• Like 1