• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Oil Temp gauge installed

• Staff

So I've had the gauge in for about 6 months and lots of towing. 

In the summer on a 100° day, pulling a long grade the oil will get up to 235° when the coolant is 209-210°, that's at anywhere from 17-23K GCW

Last week I ran 750 miles in one day to Wyoming and back and never saw the oil get above 205°, and I was towing the whole way. I was towing about 8.5K lbs out to Wyoming and 4K back. 

On the way out the ambient temp was 12-23° and coolant held 193-195° at 75 on the interstate and oil was 195-197°, on the way back I ran 80 on the interstate an oil temps crept up to 205° on some hills, but the ambient was up to 35-43°.

All in all, it has been a fun gauge to watch and ambient temp does play a big role in how fast it warms up, cools down, or how hot it will hold when towing. 

• Like 4