• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Thanks everyone

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone over the last few months for all the help...finally got the rig where i think it should be

I got the 63/68/12 /s475 setup dialed...ditched the smarty for a new comp box hot unlock...tapped the vp44 with a stealth cover...ditched the dap 7x.09 for some dfi 7x12's (idle is amazing and egt is 200° lower not sure how its possible lol)...valve springs,manton pushrods,headstuds...its cost me a small fortune but im now almost done minus the shock tower deletes and steed speed,thanks again to everyone that helped along the way...you guys rock

20180216_232112.jpg

20180309_182008.jpg

20180516_183833.jpg

20180518_124019.jpg

20180422_202813.jpg

• Owner

@Jonny

I would like to know more about that valve compression tool. One of these days I need to do valve seals to keep the oil in the crankcase not dripping in the cylinder. 

20180216_232112.jpg

I'm going to assume... 1 & 6, 2 & 5, and 3 & 4 as ganged pairs. So basically find TDC of 1,2 or 3 and the running mate should also be up at the same time. Or am I totally off my rocker? 

1 hour ago, Ben said:

SWEET!!!!!! You'll have fun!

I really like DFI injectors. I had a set of 100's in my old truck and  6x.013's in another. Both idled like sewing machines. 

I really wanted the six by 13s really really bad and he told me no due to my high elevation Towing hahaha. I would say I'm 90% satisfied but a dream is mine of having six by 13 so I should have just done it but didn't want to go against his recommendations

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

@Jonny

I would like to know more about that valve compression tool. One of these days I need to do valve seals to keep the oil in the crankcase not dripping in the cylinder. 

20180216_232112.jpg

I'm going to assume... 1 & 6, 2 & 5, and 3 & 4 as ganged pairs. So basically find TDC of 1,2 or 3 and the running mate should also be up at the same time. Or am I totally off my rocker? 

Hahaha yep you're 100% right as I bet you knew you were. What help me understand it easier is whatever two cylinders together equal 7 is the ones you do at a time. I used a small wooden dowel to make sure I was top dead center on each pair just so I didn't drop a valve

• Owner
8 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I used a small wooden dowel to make sure I was top dead center on each pair just so I didn't drop a valve

So Imagine you did the TDC #1 and then insert the rod measured for total length marked the dowel so as you rolling up the next set you drop in and measure to see if you got TDC.

No, I've never done this yet but I know I've got to jump in soon and do valve seals the oil smoke at startup is rather annoying. Just like an old broken Ford 6.0. Ughh! Not very impressive.:duh: I've already got the valve tool I just need to order the valve seals and have some time where I can down the truck and get work done. One of those time I wish some you guys lived closer to me and help get through this stuff rapidly. :(

3 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

So Imagine you did the TDC #1 and then insert the rod measured for total length marked the dowel so as you rolling up the next set you drop in and measure to see if you got TDC.

No, I've never done this yet but I know I've got to jump in soon and do valve seals the oil smoke at startup is rather annoying. Just like an old broken Ford 6.0. Ughh! Not very impressive.:duh: I've already got the valve tool I just need to order the valve seals and have some time where I can down the truck and get work done. One of those time I wish some you guys lived closer to me and help get through this stuff rapidly. :(

Yes exactly,sharpie mark and good to go... and it was super easy it only took me 4 hours to do the seals valve springs pushrods but pushrods were Wicked easy haha....and never compare your truck to a 6.0????

Nope not at all...the retainers and keepers slid off the valves like butter when the springs started to compress. I would imagine the valves would push down on the Piston if they were stuck but it was such a slick process I was shocked. I was absolutely terrified to do it and it was by far one of the easiest things I've done but time consuming

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trreed said:

@Jonny what's your elevation?  I'm at 6000 feet and Westin at Infinite Performance just upped my pop pressures on my 6x0.013's to compensate.  I'm surprised they told you no.

Im at 5000 feet...weston recommended a 7x.011sac to me... let me see if I can find the screenshots both him and ducky told me no go on the 6 by 13s because of elevation and pulling my heavy camp trailer

Both of their decisions were based off of Towing and elevation... I've talked to a few people about them not recommending the six hole in everyone seems really shocked

Screenshot_20180520-170550.png

Fyi im not bashing them at all...i think its actually pretty awesome that they just didnt sell me something because i wanted it... they sold me something that would be the most efficient for my setup at a much cheaper price than the 6 x13's... they both are amazing companies in my book now most businesses would have just sold you the most expensive product haha

16 hours ago, trreed said:

@Jonny what's your elevation?  I'm at 6000 feet and Westin at Infinite Performance just upped my pop pressures on my 6x0.013's to compensate.  I'm surprised they told you no.

what did he put your pop to?

4 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Part that kind sucks in short time they will settle to a lower pop pressure.

What does that mean I know nothing about that injector business hahaha