• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Want to increase turbo boost

So my truck is a 2000 with A/T, a full set of gauges, BHAF, Edge EZ, AirDog fuel pump and RV 275 injectors. As it stands right now I'm only able to get about 22 pounds of boost at WOT. I would like to get it up to near 30 pounds if I can. I've installed the boost elbow that came with the Edge EZ but it doesn't make any difference on the boost levels. I've looked at the TST J-Hook, but it says it's for the 2001-2002 A/T trucks.

So my question is can I increase my turbo boost on my 2000 A/T truck?

IBMobile it looks like you have nearly the exact setup that I have. As Me78569 suggested, I very well could have a leak. I plan to run a leak test first. Once I verify that I have no leaks I think I will work on a manual boost controller like you have. Thanks for the tips!

34 minutes ago, dripley said:

Aren't the boost elbows adjustable, ie have an adjustment screw in them? I have one at home that came with my Comp. Never needed with the Banks waste gate actuator.

They are, but they’re not exactly easy to fine tune.

• Owner

Crank position has no impact. Once again there is only one valve open per cylinder the only time no valves are open is TDC compression stroke which is only one cylinder so if you do TDC then its going to be #1. The other 5 cylinders will be somewhere through the cycle. 

If both valves ever opened at the same time you'll never build compression (no start or fire). Not to mention the boost would blow through like wind tunnel.

So today I performed the leak test and found 4 leaks. The boost elbow was leaking, the 2 hot side boots were leaking, and the boost gauge fitting was leaking. I was able to stop all the leaks by tightening the fittings. None of the boots have any holes in them that I could find. I also checked the MAP and intake for leaks. I was unable to find any other leaks. That's the good news. I still am only able to produce 22lbs of boost with the boost elbow. Under WOT the boosts rises quickly to 22lbs and just stops. Maybe that's all I can get with the boost elbow?