• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla not working right?

mopar440cu

This morning my Quad started acting up a bit and I am confused on what to do. While in transit to a the jobsite the transmission gauge on the screen of my phone was going jumping all around on readings. It would go to 185-195 down to 0 back up to 160 then to 10. It was all over the place. I checked the wire to the transmission, which was good and nothing near hot sources.:shrug: 

The other issue was I have the turbo cool down set for 180 and its been working great until this morning. Now it does not work at all. It shows its "ON" when I look at the settings. I am confused on that one also??:ahhh:

Any suggestions on what to do??

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by mopar440cu

Step 1: Check your grounds. Bad grounds can cause all sorts of weird issues including sensors not reading properly. Its not just the ground to the Adrenaline box either, the transmission temp sensor relies on the ground to the chassis and engine block to function properly. If it isn't grounded properly it can't read properly. Double check all grounds for corrosion or bad connections. We'll go from there. 

The tranny temp sender/sensor crapped the bed. The brass part that installs into the transmission.

My old truck ate these with my 5600 for some reason and exhibited same symptoms. Erratic readings. 

Upside is that its a cheap/quick fix. 

Edited by Ben
  • Thanks 1

That can happen, especially if you use the wrong access port on the 47re. There are two access port bolts about 2 to 3 inches apart. If you choose the lower one you can run into something on the inside. You can use the fittings to make it stand-off better, but with the right hole on the 47re you shouldn't need to use the fittings. 

On the 5600, I've never put one in there so I don't know where to even begin. 

It truly isn't an expensive part if it did get messed up: 

http://quadzillapower.com/transmission-temperature-sensor/

• Owner

Not really a good idea to use the test ports on the 47RE. Either the hot line coming out of the transmission or weld a bung in pan. Ive seen where sensors tighten to much protruding into the accumulator piston and other parts. Just best to weld a bung in the pan or get a ported transmission line.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Quadzilla Power said:

That can happen, especially if you use the wrong access port on the 47re. There are two access port bolts about 2 to 3 inches apart. If you choose the lower one you can run into something on the inside. You can use the fittings to make it stand-off better, but with the right hole on the 47re you shouldn't need to use the fittings. 

On the 5600, I've never put one in there so I don't know where to even begin. 

It truly isn't an expensive part if it did get messed up: 

http://quadzillapower.com/transmission-temperature-sensor/

Tap sensor into pto cover

drivers side.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1