• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Roof Issues Anyone?????

Wife says we have travel interption thing on some credit cards also.  But I have never looked into them.  All new to me.  

I do now what a hassle being broke down somewhere.  My fass pump fell apart after 11 years in Yuma of all places.  Could find good mechanic and when I thought I could do something after finding this site. Then the RV park wouldn't let me drop tank or work while on their property.  Long story short after bad mechanic job and towing bill because of bad work...got about $3000 total worth of hosing and still had to repair again when we got home in Seattle because sump leaked.

Your with family  and repair bill should be covered I would think. So At least that's good news I would think.

Well, I am technically "home" so trip interruption isn't an issue. I have broken down in Standish, Michigan when I broke the input shaft in the transmission. That sucked. Worse part was after the transmission was repaired it lasted less than 1300 miles and needed to be rebuilt again because the shop used an inferior pump bushing. I even wound up sending the converter back to Goerends to get it repaired from the 'repair'. Then I had the flex plate break in Hot Springs, Arkansas. That one was fun......While I was heading west in a tow truck with my truck on the back my wife was eastbound in an ambulance on her way to an ER due breaking her right radius when she fell out of the truck..

• Staff

That trailer/ camper is now a lemon since the damaged flooring goes underneath the outside walls. That's the way they all built and makes it almost impossible to rebuild or fix. I'd be looking for my money refunded and stay away from FR products.

Hey now, the transmission issue was about four years ago and the ambulance thing was in 2016..... The roof is this year. I ain't that bad..........

2 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

That trailer/ camper is now a lemon since the damaged flooring goes underneath the outside walls. That's the way they all built and makes it almost impossible to rebuild or fix. I'd be looking for my money refunded and stay away from FR products.

It appears the Lemon Law in Minnesota only covers 'Self Propelled" vehicles.

The law covers passenger automobiles, as well as pickup trucks and vans. The motor vehicle chassis or van portion of a recreational vehicle (RV) is also covered. That means that as long as the “lemon” problem occurs in portions of the chassis and van covered by the warranty, the entire RV may be subject to replacement or refund. It does not cover other areas, such as living areas or other amenities, that may have been added to the chassis by the RV manufacturer.

• Staff

Tom, I'm sorry this happened to you and the wife, but I want you to get a new unit. Repairs of this magnitude render it almost worthless if the flooring is damaged enough. Their insurance should be contacted for an adjuster to come out (both insurance companies involved) and decide on the work having been done wrong by both the repair shop and the manufacturer. Those two insurance companies can hash it out, but should let you pick one of equal value off the lot soon. Don't accept this damaged unit any longer.  OK?

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

I hope this all works nice got you.

44 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I wonder when the rv industry will make units that are consistency reliable?   This last time around we spent the extra $$$ for an arctic fox thinking it would be out last rv and they are known for quality.  Turns out there are a lot of little things wrong.  Stupid stuff that I think the higher price we paid wasn't worth it. We got it used couple years old but factory errors are plenty.  How do you wire the slide out junction box and leave the rubber gasket waded up on the inside? Just stupid stuff

• Owner

I doubt ill ever buy a new RV for the same reasons here. My Dad bought the 1976 Dodge Jamboree Class C motor home brand new. I had a bag that was full of all the work orders go back and forth to the dealer with issues. 

My current Jayco I bought used 10 years old and owned it now for 8 years. Minor issues but still towing it down the highway.

Yea, but when you have a wife that says "I do not want someone's old camper" you choices get severely limited.I was hoping this would be my last one, but who knows now.

• Owner

1 hour ago, MnTom said:

Yea, but when you have a wife that says "I do not want someone's old camper" you choices get severely limited.I was hoping this would be my last one, but who knows now.

15276214134311440175040.jpg

I bought someone's old camper and love it. Already broke in and no warranty issues to deal with. :whistle2:

• Staff
1 hour ago, MnTom said:

have a wife that says "I do not want someone's old camper"

My wife must have heard your wife because she said the same thing.  I had found a nice 1 year old 5th wheel but "NO" she said "I want new, not someone else's dirty old trailer".

Yep hard to win.  I've got retired cruise America rental since 09 and has been great for travel lets say thousand mile circle from home.  But way to small for longer duration time wise.  So took out shopping to get what ever she wanted as long as my 3/4 ton could pull it around.  She looked at new only for about 2 months then fell in love with what we have now.  Thought it better than new.  Now both RV's sitting at home because she can't get in either one with her medical problems.  She stares out the dining room window at them.  Matter of fact just getting home from infusion.  Told her what I'm posting...she says use the darn things as much as you can till you or rv is no longer moble.

5 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I wonder when the rv industry will make units that are consistency reliable?   This last time around we spent the extra $$$ for an arctic fox thinking it would be out last rv and they are known for quality.  Turns out there are a lot of little things wrong.  Stupid stuff that I think the higher price we paid wasn't worth it. We got it used couple years old but factory errors are plenty.  How do you wire the slide out junction box and leave the rubber gasket waded up on the inside? Just stupid stuff

I know what you mean about stupid stuff wrong. I have had many screws that were stripped out, the skylight above the tub leaked, loose calking even the SAME DAY I picked it up, small hole in back of roof, the latch for holding the door open was installed upside down, fire extinguisher fell off the wall, clothes hanger in bedroom only had four 1/2" screws holding it up, you get the picture. I decided that it would be to my benefit to do most all warranty work myself, but the roof is another matter. I know of a way to improve the floor a lot, but if they will fix it..........

• Owner
1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

Lazy Bones! :thumb1:

I'm allowed a break after driving from New Meadows, ID to Ontario, OR then back over to Parma, ID. Then on top of it I've got 4 hours to wait now so might as well go where there is air conditioning and somewhere comfortable to be for 4 hours. Now if I would of bought my laptop I could have been working on the website more but I didn't. So I got the case of the lazies and took a nap.

@MnTom I would have to agree with @JAG1 I think a replacement would be better because of the flooring issues. Like that was one of the thing I was taught during the purchase of my Jayco. Since I'm fairly heavy and big I could walk in an RV and feel if the floor was strong or not. Most of the newer units felt weak in the flooring like it was flexing excessively. Like my Jayco has a double square tube frame and 1/2 plywood floor which does make for a heavier unit but no flooring problems or flex.

• Like 1

Well, it as been a week and nothing said to me. I called the dealership yesterday morning and they said it was in the Warranty Manager's hands. I called three times yesterday and left messages. Guess what? No call back. All I wanted to know was if there was forward progress or not. To say I'm frustrated is an understatement.

Not out of ordinary for rv industry IMO.  

Keep us posted.  

To many horror stories about manufactures was one reason why wife was ok with going used this time around.  But I've got to give the arctic fox folks a slap on back.  Her 2 year old trailer was missing some interior shades and couple other things.  I called them and said even though we bought used and no warranty... we are missing stuff.  One week later a box showed up at front door with all kinds of goodies and free!!! Surprised us.  

1 minute ago, dripley said:

What was that she said again,  not sure I heard you correctly.

Trust me, I didn't even need my hearing aids to get that message...........

• Haha 1