• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

I hope I don't have to dry out a one year old trailer that is supposed to be stored inside!! If I do I will not be in a good mood.......... You did get my curiosity up as to how to dry them out, though!

Hm.... Does this sound "familiar"?......... The last email from "her":

Thanks so much for getting back to me. Right now I'm located in Keesler Air Force Base from Biloxi, MS, training and getting ready for leaving the country. My presence won't be necessary because I had prearranged the deal with the eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection program. The camper is here in the custody of the Military Logistic Department, ready to be delivered to its hopefully future new owner. You`ll get free delivery and it will arrive at your address within 3 days with all the necessary documents for registration. In addition, you will have 5 days to try out prior to making any purchase and if by any reason you find something you don't like about it you can send it back at my expense. If you are ready to buy it, please reply with your full name, shipping address and phone#, so I can notify eBay that you are selected as my possible buyer, and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

Funny?!?! The posting disappeared! I was going to report it too..........

24 minutes ago, MnTom said:

I hope I don't have to dry out a one year old trailer that is supposed to be stored inside!! If I do I will not be in a good mood.......... You did get my curiosity up as to how to dry them out, though!

Hm.... Does this sound "familiar"?......... The last email from "her":

Funny?!?! The posting disappeared! I was going to report it too..........

Scam!!!

To confirm if a scam or not ... pull up base phone book on line and see if they even have a section call that.  

Kessler is a fun base.  Across runway the national guard base... is it still there?  Kessler is just far enough away from McChord afb (WA)  get seperate rations.  Kessler always parked us on nat. gaurd side.

I have seen several of these while looking vehicles on Craig's list a while back. Very similar story, in the military, transferring, ship the car to me, and such. The cars and the prices were to good to be true. First one I saw was a little fishy and then a few days later I came across the exact same story, only the names and cities were changed. I reported it to CL but they just kept telling me all the things I could do about it. Buyer beware.

I am guessing Kessler is still there. I am in north central Minnesota. Funny how the ad had an address about an hour north of me and then all the sudden it isn't there.... Make you go HMMMmmm! I replied SCAM, SCAM, SCAM and the posting went away.....

Posted (edited)

Most bases do have a "lemon lot".  Used to cruise by on way to gate going home.  Never have I seen a good deal.  

I asked a friend in Germany To see what vp44 are going for over there.  As lots more cars use them.  Was going to buy a cheap one out of junk yard and turn in as core over here.  No big bargains buy the time you convert dollar.

Edited by 015point9

I hope you keep us posted MnTom.

Just want to say that it would be difficult for me to sell my current RV. I've fixed so many things and added so many upgrades that I would hate to go thru all that again. I saw the warranty workmanship one time and said no more for me and went with my own warranty. I fixed failing structure twice besides leaks. Taking everything apart you could readily see the piece rate workmanship symptoms in the really crappy hurried work from the factory. 

38 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I hope you keep us posted MnTom.

I plan on it.

I just got back from talking to the dealership where my trailer is. They told me last Friday to call the Warranty Manager at their main store. I called him three times during normal business hours and he never called me back. Since we (wife and I) were in the vicinity I stopped to see what was going on. The Service Manager told me he got "bitched at" by the Warranty Manager because he doesn't want to deal with customers! WOW...... Anyhow, as of this morning they are waiting on warranty authorization from Forest River and need to arrange transportation. Hurry up and wait.........

Sounds like the warranty manager might need a new a line of work.

Send Driply over there in the big chicken costume... he'll straighten him out.

Note the size of that beak!

3 hours ago, MnTom said:

I plan on it.

I just got back from talking to the dealership where my trailer is. They told me last Friday to call the Warranty Manager at their main store. I called him three times during normal business hours and he never called me back. Since we (wife and I) were in the vicinity I stopped to see what was going on. The Service Manager told me he got "bitched at" by the Warranty Manager because he doesn't want to deal with customers! WOW...... Anyhow, as of this morning they are waiting on warranty authorization from Forest River and need to arrange transportation. Hurry up and wait.........

Another reason I hate warranty. It always seems to take long getting something fixed. Even a vehicle with warranty it seems to take forever to get through the channels and get the parts and work done. Like my warranty claim, VP44 at 50k miles took over 8 hours to be installed. Shop labor rate is 4 hours. Now today I can install VP44 in about 1.5 to 2 hours and be running the longest thing is getting the part shipped here. 

Funny tidbit an extended warranty company sent me a letter that I could get extended warranty on my truck for a price. Here what happened...

20180604_153649.jpg

I'll most likely continue to buy used RV's and used vehicles. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I didn't plan on having them fix the floor. The roof issue is how they got involved. I know how to fix the floor and have it way more solid than original. I figured what the heck, let them see what they can do since I have heard of other trailers having the same issue and they wound up back at the factory too. I was waiting for my wife and looked at a Trailer Life magazine today. In it was a request for help to get reimbursement for a new roof that did what mine did. The total cost of that roof was $9047 and change!!

I got word today that the repairs are approved. The dealer is securing the roof to make the trailer towable. Sometime this week my trailer is headed to Indiana. They (dealer) says it will be "the better part of a month" before I see it again. That quick will surprise me.....

I had to sign a piece of paper saying that I won't hold FR liable for damages including blowing a tire and even bearing failure! The agreement even has 30 day turn around. Time will tell.

44 minutes ago, MnTom said:

I had to sign a piece of paper saying that I won't hold FR liable for damages including blowing a tire and even bearing failure!

What the heck! Talk about CYA.  Weren't the tires and bearings supplied by them when they put the trailer together and covered by warranty..

They turned the tables on you.  Imo coverage of tow vehicle should extend to what is being "legally" towed.  Towing folks should provide you a copy of their insurance.  Then call your insurance carrier and have them check out...

1.  Insurance binder they provided is in effect .

2.  Might  buy some additional coverage if they don't have enough in your opinion.  

We had a 5th wheel that sat at permanent at a camp ground for over 20 years.  Every time it had to be towed we got "trip" insurance through foremost.  About $60.00 for 2 week period.  And insured for "replacement" value.  And Replacement value was for new one versus replacement value at time of loss.  (When parked at campground had it insured as second home). 

Now days everything is CYA.  And sounds like they want no responsibilty for what they should stand behind.  At same time their warranty has customers over a barrel. But i have no idea what you can do at this point.  Besides tow it there yourself.  

The way I see it  is thatif anything were to happen it would be on what ever company is contracted to FR. I'm sure they are required to have liability insurance for their load. If nothing else I can turn it over to my insurance too.

Posted (edited)

I see you using the letters ''FR'' quite often..…... does that mean you are calling them 'something Rats' ?

Edited by JAG1

7 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I see you using the letters ''FR'' quite often..…... does that mean you are calling them 'something Rats' ?

Could be.......:whistle2: Actually it is short for Forest River the parent company of the trailer..........

Posted (edited)

Yep could be...…..:cheers:

Edited by JAG1

Mine is a Cardinal made by FR, Forest River. Nothing major ever went wrong with it. When you live in one you just fix the small stuff.

I hadn't planned on trying to get thefloor fixed by FR. I already have a way of fixing it, but I figured since the roof needs repair I would show them the floor. I have fixed everything else and improved many little things. 

I picked up another trailer to use while my newer one is being repaired. I found a 1995 28 footer for $4500 and have it sold for $5k already. The future owner even knows it might be another month before they get it.

42 minutes ago, MnTom said:

I picked up another trailer to use while my newer one is being repaired. I found a 1995 28 footer for $4500 and have it sold for $5k already. The future owner even knows it might be another month before they get it.

Sounds like great deal.