• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Roof Issues Anyone?????

I didn't plan on having them fix the floor. The roof issue is how they got involved. I know how to fix the floor and have it way more solid than original. I figured what the heck, let them see what they can do since I have heard of other trailers having the same issue and they wound up back at the factory too. I was waiting for my wife and looked at a Trailer Life magazine today. In it was a request for help to get reimbursement for a new roof that did what mine did. The total cost of that roof was $9047 and change!!

I got word today that the repairs are approved. The dealer is securing the roof to make the trailer towable. Sometime this week my trailer is headed to Indiana. They (dealer) says it will be "the better part of a month" before I see it again. That quick will surprise me.....

I had to sign a piece of paper saying that I won't hold FR liable for damages including blowing a tire and even bearing failure! The agreement even has 30 day turn around. Time will tell.

• Staff
44 minutes ago, MnTom said:

I had to sign a piece of paper saying that I won't hold FR liable for damages including blowing a tire and even bearing failure!

What the heck! Talk about CYA.  Weren't the tires and bearings supplied by them when they put the trailer together and covered by warranty..

They turned the tables on you.  Imo coverage of tow vehicle should extend to what is being "legally" towed.  Towing folks should provide you a copy of their insurance.  Then call your insurance carrier and have them check out...

1.  Insurance binder they provided is in effect .

2.  Might  buy some additional coverage if they don't have enough in your opinion.  

We had a 5th wheel that sat at permanent at a camp ground for over 20 years.  Every time it had to be towed we got "trip" insurance through foremost.  About $60.00 for 2 week period.  And insured for "replacement" value.  And Replacement value was for new one versus replacement value at time of loss.  (When parked at campground had it insured as second home). 

Now days everything is CYA.  And sounds like they want no responsibilty for what they should stand behind.  At same time their warranty has customers over a barrel. But i have no idea what you can do at this point.  Besides tow it there yourself.  

The way I see it  is thatif anything were to happen it would be on what ever company is contracted to FR. I'm sure they are required to have liability insurance for their load. If nothing else I can turn it over to my insurance too.

7 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I see you using the letters ''FR'' quite often..…... does that mean you are calling them 'something Rats' ?

Could be.......:whistle2: Actually it is short for Forest River the parent company of the trailer..........

I hadn't planned on trying to get thefloor fixed by FR. I already have a way of fixing it, but I figured since the roof needs repair I would show them the floor. I have fixed everything else and improved many little things. 

I picked up another trailer to use while my newer one is being repaired. I found a 1995 28 footer for $4500 and have it sold for $5k already. The future owner even knows it might be another month before they get it.

42 minutes ago, MnTom said:

I picked up another trailer to use while my newer one is being repaired. I found a 1995 28 footer for $4500 and have it sold for $5k already. The future owner even knows it might be another month before they get it.

Sounds like great deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I FINALLY have an update. The update is that it is going to be another two weeks because of the 4th of July holiday. So much for their "30 days". It looks to be about a five week process for repairs............ I was told to call the dealer in two weeks to see if they heard anything.

Far as selling the replacement trailer, I don't know what is going on there. The people came and looked at it, but nothing has been discussed since.

Sorry about the lack of being on here, but I have very limited internet where I am........

p.s. I tried to update this thread via my phone, but all I got was the reply box and couldn't type anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a call yesterday. The service manager told me that the roof and floor have been replaced. On Tuesday it goes into the rain bay to check for leaks. Maybe by the end of the week I will see my trailer........

• Like 1

• Staff

Good deal. I hope they did a proper job this time. Put a camera up on the roof, if you can and take it up to 65 and see what it looks like up top. I would right a way.:thumb1: 

4 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Better also ask if they glued the rubber roof down. Other than that it's going to bubble back up and rip.

Unfortunately the dealerprobably won't know what was done since the factory did the repairs. I will find out fairly quickly if the roof is glued down. The first thing I will do with it is run down the freeway for 25 miles or so.