• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Roof Issues Anyone?????

Dont know how your roof is held down along sides.  Many newer rv,s roof is rolled over edge and held in place by metal trim that doubles as rain gutter.  Supposed to have putty tape behind trim/gutter.  As a safe guard I caulked where trim/gutter meets roof to keep water flowing and not even take the chance of water getting behind trim/gutter.  Might be worth a talk with dealer if OEM didn't caulk there.

20180708_150734.jpg

• Like 1

Well, I took the wife shopping this morning. We stopped for breakfast and I got a phone call. My trailer showed up at the dealer some time last night! I went and looked at it and it looked good. New roof, new parts on roof, new floor, new linoleum, new carpeting even. They even fixed the drawers that would slide out easily when traveling, repaired one drawer that the bottom had popped out, fixed a shelf that had broken, put new seals and one glide on the slide outs, and did a 'normal PDI'. The floor is a lot better than what it was and the roof is flat as can be. Not to put on some Lippert Center Point suspension and a hitch for a bike rack. Then I can bring it to the campground and switch things around. Another plus is I have the older trailer (that we stayed in) sold and all I need to do is move it to a new site and put my newer one where I want it.......

• Like 2

Do you have 2 inches in 5er pin that you can suck up so 5er tows level.  Those airbags raise about 2 inches.  I have trailer and those  would of raised mine 2 inches...which hitch ball would not of cleared my tailgate.  That's one good thing about 5er, no hitch ball clearance problems.  

Beyond that seems they treated you right.  

I have plenty of room to go up with the pin if needed. Forest River seems to hav stepped up to the plate! While putting the tires back on and found one with a ply separation (original Castle Rock). So now I am going to put Goodyear Endurance on it. I really didn't want to buy tires yet, but I have no choice......

4 hours ago, MnTom said:

I have plenty of room to go up with the pin if needed. Forest River seems to hav stepped up to the plate! While putting the tires back on and found one with a ply separation (original Castle Rock). So now I am going to put Goodyear Endurance on it. I really didn't want to buy tires yet, but I have no choice......

I'm going with same tire.  Local discount tire store... 28 installed.  No bring backs or problems yet.  I wanted to go to 16 inch.  Add price of new rims but $$$ added up quick.  Of course real test on those tires 4 or 5 years down the road. 

Well, it's been a week with the trailer back. I got the air ride installed along with the new tires. So far so good! The floor feels about as solid as it should be! 

1 minute ago, JAG1 said:

No bubble roof I hope!:)

No sir. It looks better than what it did new! 

I also installed new bushings in the springs and new bolts in it. I didn't feel anything from the trailer (except the weight) on the way to the campground. Seems like it rode quite well. I  will know more when I hit the road later this year. 

• Like 1

Just now, dripley said:

Is that possible??

Hey, now....... Just because a psychologist once told me I was an "opinionated SOB" don't mean you need to rub it in. :cool:

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, MnTom said:

Hey, now....... Just because a psychologist once told me I was an "opinionated SOB" don't mean you need to rub it in. :cool:

I have one of those too. Her name is Dear.

Edited by dripley
  • Haha 1

Now for the latest....... No trailer issues, but I was putting some plywood down in another trailer dueto the floor being soft. I was going up the steps and heard a loud SNAP!!! The loud snap was my right knee. Saw a Dr this morning, had an x-ray, but no real diagnosis yet. Speculation is possible torn cartilage...

• Sad 2

20 hours ago, MnTom said:

Now for the latest....... No trailer issues, but I was putting some plywood down in another trailer dueto the floor being soft. I was going up the steps and heard a loud SNAP!!! The loud snap was my right knee. Saw a Dr this morning, had an x-ray, but no real diagnosis yet. Speculation is possible torn cartilage...

I take it you are not motivating quite as well as the avatar? might have to get him a cane.

Hope you heel quicker than I do.

Edited by dripley

45 minutes ago, dripley said:

I take it you are not motivating quite as well as the avatar? might have to get him a cane.

Yeah, I am not quite as mobile as the guy in my avatar....... Getting better though! I can put a little weight on my leg. Hopefully soon no more knee brace or crutches. I bet I don't heal much quicker than you, Dripley