• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Looking for help on a daily drive tune

blkruby

I’ve just got the truck running and still have the edge comp box installed and it is a smoky mess so I’m looking to get a daily tune that I can work off of. The mods to the truck are a 6.7 188/220cam 6x.018 injectors dragon flow pump and sxe480 and a sxe364.5 

@Me78569 @Quadzilla Powerso I've got a couple questions, First can you lower boost level fueling any more there 50%? and second question is once i set my daily tune anything under 10% throttle the truck will lope, once pass 10% it runs fine and it will idle fine this is only on lvls 2 and up lvl 1 it is fine 

Edited by blkruby

Same thing,  the ecm see's rpms slightly drop as the quad alters fueling to bring it down.  the ecm then add's fuel to make up for it and the fight continues.   

this is normally limited to sub 1000 rpm area.  

not really the ecm prevents us from doing much about it until rpms are up enough to keep the ecm from sending high priority messages.   

If you are already at %50 as a starting point you are pulling as much fuel as possible.  you can pull timing to try and help smoke, but I have not seen great results.  

you may have reached the limit of the mechanical injectors vs hole size and the ablity to inject fuel at low pressure.  how big are your injectors?

Edited by Me78569

260 bar are going to make it EXTREMELY difficult to control smoke on that size injector.  you can try pulling a ton of timing, but I think you are at the limits of what your mechanical setup can do.  

Going from 350bar to 305 bar with my old 7 x .012's was like going from stock injectors to 7 x .010 injectors in terms of smoke increase.   

I also noticed significantly worse idle and off idle states with 305 bar vs 330 bar.  that is only my testing and we dont have enough data to say for sure.

Edited by Me78569

i think the reasoning for low pop pressure is for timing on the dragon flow pump at the higher pop it could hydro lock the pump. but the truck idles great and climbs threw the rpm smoothly

Dunno really what the reason for it was, the builder would have to answer that question.  My guess is it is related to power output as lower pop = more fuel for a given duration.   

You can try running around on lvl 1 as there is no low limit for valet mode.  Set it at %20 does it still smoke?    

Guessing your setup is going to mechanically limit your smoke control though.