• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Factory lift blocks

Hello all. New to the site and thankful for finding a bunch of likeminded people. This is my 5th Cummins it’s a 2002 6spd 2500 longbox 4wd. About to turn over 500,000 kms (Canada).

Love it and it does everything I need it to but recently I’ve been noticing what feels like an awful lot of axle wrap while towing. I got to tearing into it yesterday and found a couple loose u bolts but worse is that the factory lift blocks under the leaf packs seem to be walking off the axle perch. 

It it must have been happening for a bit because both the block and the perch are misformed now. My question is do I buy a new lift block and hope for the best or eliminate them all together with just spring or even better I’ve been told to get a shackle flip kit.

The pics are just of the left he left side as it was the worst and the only side I found loose u-bolts on. But the right side looks as if it’s moving too. Any input would be appreciated. 

39083031-0131-4F01-AA95-9D7AF1339ACE.jpeg

9CCC4A37-A8A5-439B-ABA1-D2453EC57313.jpeg

• Owner
2 hours ago, Felske said:

About to turn over 500,000 kms

Ok... So that 310,685 miles. I'm about to turn 345k miles which is about 555,223 km... Time to catch up. :tongue: These engines are good for at least 1,609,344 km (1 million miles). I'm also a towing guy too. I've got a utility trailer I haul firewood with and then my 31 foot Jayco RV. Which now is set up as a second home. I travel about 60k miles per year (96,560 km).

The best suggestion I've got since we both work these truck hard. Is to get on a creeper and roll from front to rear with a flashlight or drop light and inspect everything you can. Anything that is out of place or showing damage its time to take the time and repair it.

20180523_212139.jpg

9 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

9 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Even the same colour ? really can’t beat these rigs for what they do. But yes maintenance is the key. I think I’m going to go with new leaf packs in the back and retire the wore out stock stuff. 

A8696DA9-72FC-493A-AAF7-1727230798F3.jpeg

• Owner
2 minutes ago, Felske said:

Even the same colour ? really can’t beat these rigs for what they do. But yes maintenance is the key. I think I’m going to go with new leaf packs in the back and retire the wore out stock stuff. 

Copy Cat... Stainless Steel rockers...:poke: Your paint job looks 100 times better than mine with all the little rock chips in it. 

20180519_140459_HDR.jpg

2 hours ago, Felske said:

Sharp rig! I like the headache rack and bed rails. :thumb1:

11 minutes ago, Dmaney said:

Sharp rig! I like the headache rack and bed rails. :thumb1:

Thanks man I actually just had to remove those to start hauling a fifth wheel trailer I bought